Who lies more, & is more detached from reality: SBF or Jerome Powell?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Q.E.D., Dec 1, 2022.

1. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

IMO, it's a toss-up. Regarding financial damage, over many years, Powell wins, hands-down. And re being delusional, IMO, Powell also wins.

So maybe the lying, thief SBF should avoid prison? Not IMO.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. I had seen a pic of SBF on the web site of the World Economic Forum. (since scrubbed)
    So he's buds with Klaus Schwab.
    Maybe - The New Digital Currency for the New World Order.
    With a generous helping of grand larceny along the way.
    The reason this guy is not in an orange jumpsuit is because he will not be prosecuted.
    IMHO.

3. Super productive thread, you go guys

cesfx likes this.
  4. schizo

schizo

Can you really point your finger to just Powell? What about Yellen? Or Bernanke (along with Treasury secretary Henry Paulson in 2008), who was the mastermind of QE? Even Greenspan, with all his dodgy rhetoric, cannot escape the blame since the market (especially the dot com bubble) went haywire under his direct watch. After all, it was he who coined "irrational exuberance".

It's the whole friggin' system that's out of whack. Economists don't seem to know what they're doing. They're always behind the curve, and worse, overreacting when something is broken, making the problem much worse down the road. This is why we've not solved the problem with financial bubbles since the 80s.

As for SBF, who is the real culprit? The snake-oil salesman or the gullible idiots who handed their money to him? No doubt, people like SBF and Do Kwon should be dragged out and shot but the problem will always fester when there are naive folks who support these bad actors.

murray t turtle and Clubber Lang like this.
  5. maxinger

maxinger

Who lies more, & is more detached from reality: SBF or Jerome Powell?

--->

Who provides more trading opportunities for the traders: SBF or Jerome Powell?

How much money have you lost because of SBF & Fed realistic / unrealistic / delusional actions?
    Stop complaining. The more you complain, the more $$$ you lose.
    Start to earn $$$$ by looking out for trading opportunities.
    Be thankful that they provide trading opportunities.

We are the elitetraders, not eliteinvestors.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  6. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

The problem with Powell, & crew going way back to Fed formation, is that they don't look at big, important issues. But apparently still grasp concept regarding economics, democracy, freedom, & fairness, far more than typical trader.

7. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Important difference: Individuals voluntarily handed their own money -- and/or money they managed -- to SBF. Eveybody in U.S. (world ) are forced to live under the regime of Federal Reserve & other Central Bankers.
    But re your prior complaint: I agree that Greenspan started the turns made by Fed, & I'm just waiting for when he can burn in hell.

8. schizo

schizo

I'm certainly not in the anti-Fed camp. I believe they do play an important role in our economy that can bring stability to the market and, hence, minimize any economic turbulence, eg. recession. But up until now they've always been reactive, only reacting when the problem blows up in their faces. They need to be more proactive. For example, had Powell started raising the interest rate sooner in small increments, he would not have been forced to go for large 75 bps.

9. cesfx

cesfx

If Powell was anything like SBF... The USA economy would be a bit like Turkey or even Lebanon now.

spy and stochastix like this.
    #10     Dec 3, 2022