Who just launched an ICBM 35 miles from SoCal coast?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Nov 9, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've launched American rockets from Kennedy, Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg, European rockets from French Guiana, Chinese rockets from Xichang, Japanese rockets from Tanegashima and Russian rockets from Kazakstan and from a floating launch platform in the Pacific at 154-deg West.

I've worked with ICBM boosters and have personally hand-armed a 7500 lb MinuteMan upper stage in the cargo bay of the space shuttle used to circularize the orbit of a large satellite.

This looked like an SLBM. It looked American. The plume color, ascent angle and rotation looked familiar. Nobody launches West (retrograde) except ICBMs. Everything else is launched East (commerical and shuttle) or North (spy stuff in polar orbits). I saw no staging, no separations, no shroud ejection.

I would say it was a Navy SLBM test launch towards either PMRF (Kauai) or Kwajalein in support of the Missile Defense program.

#51     Nov 9, 2010
  2. The Chinese do have modern submarines with nuclear reactors and JL-2 nuclear missiles that are capable of hitting the United States coast while submerged off of the Chinese coast. Those submarines are the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_094_submarine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_092_submarine

Diesel submarines are not that noisy nowadays and have a range of 7000 miles if they "snorkel".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_class_submarine

#52     Nov 10, 2010
  3. What do you mean you launched them? In what capacity? Also I witnessed a Vandenberg polar insertion launch from Carlsbad Ca, in 2007 that was going southwest.

I knew what type of orbit it was because I had looked at the vandenberg web site for launch schedule and was waiting on it to come by.

#53     Nov 10, 2010
  4. First off, its not a US Navy test launch. They would have to be idiots to launch a missile so close to land. If anything went wrong and that missile came down on Los Angeles, there would be hell to pay.

Why doesnt the Department of Defense have an expert come out on television to explain what the rocket-like plume really is? Why dont they give a more detailed explanation? Certainly, there has to be some experts within the DoD that can explain in detail what is on the video tape. Their continued silence is an admission that this is probably a foreign launched missile. Why was it launched? A rogue Captain or maybe terrorists took over a Chinese or Russian submarine.

Who would launch a rocket which costs hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars into the air? Since the DoD cannot explain it or does not want to explain it, then the only plausible explanation is that its a foreign submarine launching an ICBM.

#54     Nov 10, 2010
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

Please go back to calling tops and bottoms in the market.

#55     Nov 10, 2010
  6. Nothing big is happening. This silence is killing me.

#56     Nov 10, 2010
  7. #57     Nov 10, 2010
  8. AND YOU'R E A F&*&KING DEFENSE ANALYST RIGHT?....LOL

are you really that DUMB ???...

You should know by now that our govt denies stuff all the time. Had it been a foreign launch by our military or NON U.S. ally, Norad space satellites and radar would have triggered an immediate alert and scrambled F-15s in the area to investigate and have their satellites in space do further intelligence gathering. Secondly, had it been a NON US affiliated launch, the Pentagon would have gone into immediate lockdown, but it didnt bcuz my brothers best friend works at the pentagon and told him that everyone there had heard of the launch that day but nobody even raised an eyebrow over it and it was business as usual over there( at the Pentagon)....

***** This site has become so full of ignorant, wannabee> traders, political scientists, defense analysts,etc., its hard not to laugh at the crap you ppl post on here....

#58     Nov 10, 2010
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Mystery solved.........

Said John Pike, a defense and aerospace expert who runs GlobalSecurity.org: "This thing is so obviously an airplane contrail, and yet apparently all the king's horses and all the king's men can't find someone to stand up and say it." He added, "I guess the president's out of town."

The object, Pike said, was moving too slowly to be a missile, adding: "There's a reason that they're called rockets."

It looked like a missile launch, he said, because of an optical illusion that made the contrail appear as though it started on the ground and zoomed straight up.

In reality, he said, the contrail began on the horizon and ran parallel to the ground.

"It was an unusually clear day," he said. So what looked like a missile launch 35 miles off the coast of Los Angeles was actually the contrail of a jet that stretched 300 miles into the distance, he said.

"At the end of the day, you really have to go with the simplest explanation," he added.

Pike was joined in his opinion by geeks and experts. Web traffic was so intense on one site, ContrailScience.com, that its owner had to send visitors to an overflow site.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/09/AR2010110906823_2.html

[​IMG]

#59     Nov 10, 2010
  10. cstfx

cstfx

[​IMG]

#60     Nov 10, 2010