Who just launched an ICBM 35 miles from SoCal coast?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Nov 9, 2010.

1. <p>CBS News National Security Correspondent David Martin reports that 36 hours after the video of the mystery missile went viral, the Pentagon, with all its satellites, radars and command centers, finally put it to rest. Sort of. Pentagon "pretty confident" it was a jet contrail.
    </p>http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/10/eveningnews/main7042324.shtml
    <br />

#91     Nov 11, 2010
  2. This flight is a routine flight. Has flown numerous times at that time of day and that path.

Those pictures of similar looking contrails never caused this problem. Why?? Because a still picture will always look different o then it does to the live event.

So tell me, why has this not caused a stir before since apparently it happens all the time and why has that flight which comes the same time and same path never caused the world to wonder what it was??

Slow news day?

#92     Nov 11, 2010
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Your nick looks french. That could be a problem. :D

So, you think they fly a missile every day on that route? :) Have you ever witnessed any rocket larger than an Estes F motor running in your entire life? I didn't think so.

I've passed DC current through the igniter filament on a Minuteman upper stage to verify its continuity. They blocked all the Kennedy roads running to the VPF off for half a mile and even the guards had to leave. I guess thats the largest solid propellant motor I've put hands on at 7500 lbs. I remember that I got paid 8-hours for 5-minutes work but my gf remarked that I was white as a ghost when I got back to the condo in Cocoa Beach. For awhile I just ran the hazardous STRs (special test requests) at the shuttle orbiter Vertical Processing Facility and sometimes only actually worked a few minutes and then went home. I verified readiness of all of our explosive actuators, pin-pullers, bolt-cutters and separation squibs and was responsible for all the large perigee kick motors in our satellites (Hughes Aircraft Company, Space and Communications Group).

I know a big American solid burning when I see one.

I was invited a few years ago to come down and run the PMRF range at Barking Sands as lead systems engineer for Missile Defense. I didn't take the job but I cite it because it should give some credence to my assertions. LOL, yeah right.

So take your ass back to old eurpope and STFU. (finger)

#93     Nov 11, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good point.

#94     Nov 12, 2010
  5. ??? Re read my post. I was saying that if this was a plane then why has only this flight caused stir??

You would think that a few of the 15m people who live in the LA basin would have seen a plane before.

#95     Nov 12, 2010
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Honestly, I apologize for that post jficquette. Had people over last night and well...

#96     Nov 12, 2010
  7. No problem. Check your pm. I asked you a few days ago about your background because I have an asshole on this other board who claims to have worked at JSC for years. I sent him your post and he disagreed.

#97     Nov 12, 2010
  8. I can't find any update on that story. Anyone?

#98     Nov 26, 2010
  9. Any chance it was actually a Chinese missile, fired from a submarine? A "wagging of the finger" at Bernanke and the US for the QE2 and currency manipulation?

#99     Nov 26, 2010