Who is your favorite permabull to ridicule?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 1, 2002.

1. This bear market won't end until a big perma bull goes into a perma bear. Have any of these perma bulls made their clients a dime in the past few years? Battipaglia, AJ Cohen, etc?

Remember in '98, when Ralph Acampora capitulated right at the end of the sept/oct declines? That's what we need to see here. There's not enough pain for some of these guys and girls to go on TV and get bearish.

Have any of the perma bulls gone on TV in the last 6 months and tried to explain to the viewer why the FED funds rate, at a 40 year low, isn't helping the stock market? I'd almost pay money to hear them explain that one. Even during the rough economy of the 70's, lowering the FED funds rate lifted stocks. Ahhh, not this time.

Two other examples of markets that didn't respond to interest rate cuts. 1929 and 1990 in Japan. The perma bulls don't want to admit this.

#31     Aug 1, 2002
  2. bouncer

bouncer

By far it has to be AJC. What a jerk!

Cohen favors industry leader Enron...

From an October 2001 article

So what stocks should you buy? In tech, says Cohen, Goldman's analysts particularly like Dell and Sun Microsystems: "There are issues about global demand, but we think the worst is over." In energy, Cohen favors industry leader Enron. The stock has stumbled lately, and she now sees it as a "good value." She also singles out AOL Time Warner (MONEY's parent) as a "content-rich global leader" in the media business.

http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,16936,FF.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I can calculate the motions of the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people".

Sir Isaac Newton after losing his fortune in the South Sea Bubble stock crash.

#32     Aug 1, 2002
  3. I know exactly the guy you are talking about...Brian Finerty(????)from Unterberg or something like that...I remember it listed him as "Head of Listed Trading" or something similar to that...The guy had the voice of a guy who had been trading in the pits for 30 years...Always sounded like he was on the verge of laryngitis...He was all over the airwaves around the end of 1999 and beginning of 2000...Another color commentator...

#33     Aug 1, 2002
  4. you make good points...I am seeing pure apathy on the color commentator/guruvision network...It just seems to me that there is no real passion for investing, stocks, etc, etc in the masses any longer...These gurus were so popular during the bull market corrections, when they would say "this is the place to buy"...so what if they were 1 week, one month, two months off because they had a bull market to always bail them out...I peak at guruvision every once in awhile and I just do not see the same faces I saw back in 1999-2000...I just think the interest is dying or at least is on hiatus...

#34     Aug 1, 2002
  5. JORGE

JORGE

I believe her husband is Jonathan Steinberg. He was the CEO of Individual Investor Group, used to trade under the symbol INDI as high as $15 share, now trades under the symbol IXDP for 4 pennies.

#35     Aug 1, 2002
  6. moffitt

moffitt

Bouncer
    Nice listing of AJC calls. But you never hear the CNBC talking heads give you track records. But they will bring out or flash anything these dopes say. Like it is gospel...The list of these jerks is to long to mention. Ever watch Maria try to interview
    floor traders?? There is a real joke. Or how about how well the fools did in their portfolio contest. Then they come on and try to explain away losing 60 or 70 % of the value. What a crock.

:cool:

#36     Aug 2, 2002
  7. Bouncer - nice one on those Cohen calls! LOL

#37     Aug 2, 2002
  8. Abbey Cohen.

1)Pompous

2) Skank

3) Wrong .... a lot

4) Pompous

Other than that, a real nice broad.

#38     Aug 2, 2002
  9. Miki

Miki

The only permabull I really admire is our resident bull trader Lundy.

He is my permahero.
    :D

#39     Aug 2, 2002
  10. Glad to hear so many of you share my opinion on CNBC, Battapaglia, Cohen, Finnerty, etc.

I would like to add Alan Greenspan to the list. He's one of the main reasons we are in this mess. Pumping in liquidity and talking up the markets with his new era bs. This idiot couldn't even see the bubble when stocks would skyrocket on news of stock splits.

Like having a chaperon at a party who is handing out the drinks. Of course he will be popular with the kids, but is he a good chaperon?

I've been saying for a while that he will be vilified by history. It will happen sooner of later.

#40     Aug 2, 2002