Who is Woodie???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wdscott, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Where's Waldo ? .....

#81     Mar 15, 2004
  2. Ditch

Ditch

Can not take a stop? What are you talkin' about?:confused:

#82     Mar 15, 2004
  3. Jack stop stealing my words (Moronic) lol.

OK I will bite ... what have you got that is mathematically based that does predict future direction?

Are you trading from this style and if so please share your results with us.:)

#83     Mar 15, 2004
  4. keving1

keving1

Mr. Rabid,

I am at a loss to understand your frustration and anger towards your fellow traders.

Though you have posted a number of times, you have added absolutely zero to the discussion:

Mr. Rabid states: "most people are sheeple and this thread is a classic example... the fervor that someone like samson77 defends woodie is typical of the cult true believer......ANY pattern recoginition does not work....why do you people keep decvieing yourselves ? i guess this is what makes the market work---please keep following--i need the money......alll this guy is a rehash of known methods with a cult of personality surounding him."

Andrew Carnegie once wrote, "As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say - I just watch what they do.

And, what you do, how you behave, Mr. Rabid, speaks volumes.

keving

P.S. You may find the "check spelling" option helpful in the future........

#84     Mar 15, 2004
  5. jgalt

jgalt

I would agree with Matilda's review of Woodie's CCI room. I used to frequent quite often but became extremely tired of the cult atmosphere and, moreover, the fudged trades. VERY few of the moderators make calls real time, and the ones that do have winning %'s way lower than the stated 75%. The trade-posters are much the same. A few post entries and exits very quickly and seem legit, but most will post their winners well after the fact, and then mysteriously "break even" after a trade has clearly gone against them.

Woodie loves making calls after the fact. He'll alert you to a "possible" set-up, and then take credit for having "made the call", if it goes well. If it doesn't go well, it's never discussed again.

Heaven forbid anyone mentions another indicator! He will be threatened with expulsion instantly! This is where the cult aspect comes in again.

All that said, there is a lot of info and exchange of ideas for a small price. While the group is cultish, they do seem sincere. Woodie is prone to great exaggeration, but he is no scam artist. The CCI is hardly the Holy Grail, but can be a valuable tool in one's arsenal. Just bring a big grain of salt with you if you join the room.

#85     Mar 15, 2004
  6. keving1

keving1

Well done, drbob!

You achieved a 100% success rate, or 29.5 points on the ES - some may find that amazing, I would not have expected anything less of you, sir, :) as a well seasoned CCI trader.

I am reminded of the rather comical post in this thread that claimed, "ANY pattern recoginition does not work., this is PROVEN FACT why do you people keep decvieing yourselves?" Your example, drbob, does not do much to support the claim.............

keving

#86     Mar 15, 2004

7. i see the scientific method escapes you. you cannot pick one example and claim that a method works or does not work, and i am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are telling the truth. there have been countless university studies on the viability of pattern recognition--- there has not been one verified pattern that works in a consistent manner. if such a thing existed , don't you think the institutions with there multi million research budgets would have exploited it to non use by now ??
    no, of course you do not--woodie has figured it out.

i am still waiting for ANY trade blotters, statements, etc from woodie for verification of his outrageous claims. i think i will be waiting a LONG LONG LONG time. do you know why doesn't ?? because he CAN NOT.

jacK

#87     Mar 15, 2004
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Woodie is 90 years old and the jacket is a gift from the people in his room. :D

#88     Mar 15, 2004

9. 90 ! ? and he has the reflexes of a teen playing video game junkie ? this is getting weirder by the minute. what is your opinion of the woodie room, cathy ??

LOL !

surfer

#89     Mar 15, 2004
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

I think you shorted change him by 10 years. :D

#90     Mar 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.