Who Is Tired Of Stocks Sagging< War Worries Weigh

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wasted_Daytrade, Feb 5, 2003.

1. I know this should be for chit chat, but I believe it has a psychological component too!

How many of you guys are tired of this head line at the end of the day on yahoo finance

"Stocks Fade as War Worries Weigh"????

I mean I think thats the 10th time I have seen this article in the past 2 months...

I would like to know from you guys:

Are you starting to fade as war worries weigh?

Do you think that this head line and the accompanying article really reflect the real reason the market refused to maintain gains?

and finally

Do you believe the head line should be changed to:
    "People with lots of money take advantage of the small investor by praying on his ignorance and insecurities"???

if not maybe you can suggest a more appropriate head line?

Please do!!!

:D :D :D :D

2. shouldn't you be posting on Yhoo!?

3. Yeah maybe

but I think they told me I am not suppose to

:D :D :D :D

4. Each day stocks go up or down, usually both. The people who write the news articles about it have two shoeboxes, one full of headlines for when it goes up, the other with headlines for when it goes down.

They simply reach into the corresponding shoebox for that day's market action, and pull out a headline. What are the real reasons the market goes up or down. The markets will go up or down, no matter what. The news reports say this or that is the reason. That doesn't make it true.

5. We're not "investors" we don't care which way a stock goes.

I don't try and predick, I follow the trend.

6. you are correct about this wasted, its chinese water torture. The spring is being pressed down relentlessly, but not forever.

7. Yeah those chinese really know how to get you annoyed with the water

8. I don't read news since 5 years, for stockmarket it's useless. My charts yesterday were green on hourly scale then red on daily scale (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/harrytrader...flash.html?swf=cours_win&width=900&height=600) and today it is the contrary. So I could prepare before the news :D (I said only prepare because it must be confirmed by opening under or above levels on the charts of course)

9. I limit my news input to the online Wall Street journal before the market opens. I used to have CNN Financial on all day... but it got too distracting ... there was an inverse relationship between the attractiveness of the women anchors and the worthiness of the news content... one of them got got better...figure out which one...:D

10. booo hoo whoo...please give me your $$$. i clik my little mouse many times a day ...why dont you give me $$ dont i deserve it??:mad:

#10     Feb 25, 2003