Who is this high roller??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob Rowshan, Dec 3, 2007.

1. bathrobe

bathrobe

For the record I am not a Sykes "HATER"
    I initially found his story interesting and unique, however after watching the show WSW his personality became overly annoying and his commentary on his life e.g. yelling about being a millionaire on a NYC street, was over the top and when I watched CNBC during their million dollar contest he is obviously uninformed; his only reason for recommending a stock was that its chart was going up in price so I thought he is a trend follower only, but then later he does not the the corresponding company names and on his reality show makes statements about shorting micro-caps based only on news, I believe he was initially lucky, then bacame a trader who used voodoo and hope, realized he is unskilled and is now peddling some pink sheet DVD, he should become a broker, he is quite a salesman.:confused:

#11     Dec 4, 2007
  2. WSW season 1 is also available for download on various pirate sites. Not that I would do such a thing.

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. He can always move back with Mom and Dad. Give him a wife and a few kids then he'll respect the market ....

#13     Dec 4, 2007
  4. i initially thought that, but after having read his book, i don't think it was luck. he recently published the stock charts from his trades and it's kind of scary how similar they all are, even in different markets:

http://timothysykes.com/index.php/charts.html

that said, i still think he's somewhat of a joke

#14     Dec 4, 2007
  5. I am not sure how Sykes money could have been made due to pure luck when he made it through thousands of little short trades, compounding gains?

#15     Dec 4, 2007
  6. Tom631

Tom631

:confused:

#16     Dec 5, 2007
  7. bathrobe

bathrobe

:confused: Sykes is appearently big on college campuses, my younger brother who wants to work with me when he graduates recently brought up Sykes and asked me about him, after explaining how a monkey throwing darts at a board could have made money from 99-01 and how the market is the great equalizer he is well equipped with info and will tell his dimwitted classmates (very very lazy and unmotivated; sad) that most do not turn 12k into 1.2 million and then run a one man hedge fund from their apartment????? I do not believe this has anything to do with keeping his organization slim, or whatever he called it. It had to do with 1% gains and losses resulting in no money to pay employees. Did he use management fee to pay his rent?

Congrats Sykes you have duped an entire generation of young people who are looking for a get rich quick scheme and you supply it, I have not read your book or bought your DVD but most of these people believe that since a bull market existed throughout their college years (the only market data they care about) a bull market is all their is. Sad

#17     Dec 5, 2007
  8. LOL. Coming to an infomercial near you. Get rich quick never goes out of style.

#18     Dec 5, 2007
  9. It's amazing how everyone loves to jump all over a success story. I mean, what this guy did here was unreal. People are hesitant to admit that he continued making money after the tech bubble burst.

You don't have to like his personality but I mean, come on, give the guy some credit where credit is due.

#19     Dec 5, 2007
  10. bathrobe

bathrobe

I agree with you, he deserves credit, he did an amazing thing I am not disputing that fact.

#20     Dec 5, 2007