Who is this broker?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by arco, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Patyomkin

Patyomkin

ACM Forex

#11     Oct 17, 2006
  2. arco

arco

Hi Patyomkin

Many thanks

arco

#12     Oct 18, 2006
  3. " In British English 'reconise' is the correct spelling." — spell check obviously required !

in fact the 'Concise Oxford Dictionary of Current English' lists ' ize ' first, ' ise ' second

the root is Latin ~ re / cognoscere cognitum, meaning 'to learn' !!

and it's queenzie not queenzy all of which is making me queasy but not queasie or queazy :D

#13     Oct 18, 2006
  4. arco

arco

Hi Wallace

I bow to your superior grammatical knowledge :D ....I was never that crash hot at English Grammer........but who/what to believe

Check this out and let me know your thoughts........

http://www.pe2000.com/canute_spelling.htm

I've had a look through some recent newsletters and switched between American and English spellings to get a list of some common differences between the two “languages” (as they are rapidly becoming!) I then used an English dictionary – a real old-fashioned paper one rather than a software one, just in case… And I came up with the following:

English Spelling
    recognise

American Spelling
    recognize (sometimes Eng. too)

..................and so it goes on.

arco

#14     Oct 18, 2006
  5. Hi Arco, your misspelling of grammar — “ I was never that crash hot at English Grammer “ is a case in point, speech / phonetic v written language.

Chinese:
    “According to the definition provided by Ethnologue, 13th Edition, Barbara F. Grimes, Editor: The number of languages listed for China is 206. Of those, 205 are living languages and 1 is extinct. ” http://www.alsintl.com/languages/chinese.htm

‘Main’ language groups are said to be between 6 - 12, there’s basically 1 single form of Chinese writing that everyone understands unlike the spoken Chinese ‘languages’ / dialects, each of which must be learnt.

The word ‘ask’ for instance in the UK is pronounced by some as ‘arsk’, by some in the US as ‘axt’, ‘barth’ is another ‘long a’ UK example. I’d always pronounced ‘particularly’ as ‘pticquly’ until using a word processor and learning the correct spelling / pronunciation — spellchecker !

“Cudst kik a bo aginst a wo n bost it weed thee ed ?” an example of my UK hometown dialect —
    “Could you kick a ball against a wall and burst it with your head ?”

Here in Canada both written ‘English’ english and ‘American’ english are interchangeable, tho I don’t believe Canadians go so far as to use the American pronunciations such as ‘booey’ and ‘veHicle’, we all appear to be agreed on using the 'h' — hotel and herbs.

#15     Oct 19, 2006