Who is the new (trading) millionare?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Jul 3, 2002.

1. lojze

lojze

If somebody catched WCOME rise yesterday at 15:30 with enough money is now new trading millionare. The stock is up something like 150%

Right?

Or is this just too simple expectation and calculation and really impossible to catch?

Lojze

2. DT-waw

DT-waw

Yeah. If somebody shorted nasdaq at 5000 and still sits on shorts - he/she is a real zillionare! :D

3. lojze

lojze

I wanted serious answers.

So was it possible?

Lojze

4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Lojze,

No offense but what the hell are asking here??? Of course it was possible... someone was supporting it last 2 days... there were definately new buyers down there...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

5. I think DT was confirming your suspicions, but using a different example. Same concept, though.

That is, unless we are all misunderstanding your question.

6. RAY

RAY

and how much of your account would you put into that dog?

7. Commisso

Commisso Guest

The NAZ or WCOME ? :p

8. Tony01

Tony01

Yes it's possible and it looks like lots of people bought it yesterday.
    This is a cool link I check sometimes to see what the amateurs are doing.:p

http://www.ameritradeindex.com/amtd.html

I think the WCOME buy % was like 85% for Monday. I'm pretty sure these results only take into account positions held overnight, not daytrades.

I might consider trading WCOME myself if I didn't have per-share commissions. It would cost too much to scalp with large enough size. But I prefer per-share commissions for my style of trading.

Tony

9. I'm curious to know how one would try to quantify the amount of risk involved with buying WCOME, and balance it against the potential reward.

What comes into play?

-is it roulette?
    -is it a book value play? (i think WCOME's book val is like $18, but they probably lied anyway)
    -is it an institutional play? (knowing institutions will look to accumulate a large position in the company)

What is the deal???

10. lojze

lojze

Yes, really.

This is the most important issue here?

It was risk entering WCOME long yesterday afternoon, but was it safe risk?

Lojze

#10     Jul 3, 2002