Who is the most popular economist on the internet?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Roubini is an economist. Buffet is a businessman. Krugman is a douchebag economist wannabee.

An individual must have a good understanding of economics to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

#21     Oct 15, 2011
  2. Maybe I didn't make the meaning of the topic clear, let me try again.

I wasnt trying to find help for myself understanding an economic issue or anything like that.

I wasnt looking for people's opinion on which economist they value most either.

I was only curious basically which economist/trader/ talking head get's the most hits on the internet globaly.

Who's opinion do people from Peru, Spain, the UK or Finland on the internet search most for and get's most referenced to today...

I think like it or not, Krugman has a good chance of being number 1 really.

He has won a noble price which always does well for the main stream press, he favours an expansionary policy which bolds well with the people who have been hit by austerity....

#22     Oct 15, 2011

3. Thanks for clearing that up. The "dismal science" has been in tumult since the panic of '08 as all the old theories are under assault. For example, will gold retreat back to production cost as it did in the 1980's? Many of the genius Wall St. trader types on the site seem to think so. The point being no one really knows where this will all wind up a decade from now. Krugman is a biased Keynesian, and therefore an endangered species, I think this is quite obvious. Just because he may be highly ranked, due to name recognition, means little as he is just as lost as some of the other economists. Imo the solution lies somewhere in the middle of the Keynesian and Austrian schools.

#23     Oct 15, 2011
  4. I agree ^^.

Anyway, I did a quick youtube poll.

Marc Faber: 8980 hits

Jim Rogers: 14000 hits

Nouriel Roubini: 2050 hits

George soros: 7320 hits

Bill Gross: 3620 hits

Gary shilling: 128 hits

Peter Schiff: 18800 hits

paul krugman: 3000 hits

warren buffet: 7500 hits

It's clear who is most popular on youtube...

The Rogers', Fabers and Schiffs.....

#24     Oct 16, 2011
  5. Butterball

Butterball

If you look at 'market impact' then guys like Schiff or Rogers have no impact at all. Nobody trading professionally listens to them for their day-to-day trading decisions.

When real money guys like El-Erian/Gross or Soros speak then sometimes I get a feeling it impacts markets, if only for the very short term.

#25     Oct 16, 2011