Who is the Dem choice?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jayford, Aug 13, 2006.

1. So the repubs would rather have a moderate democrat, errr, independent than a loyal republican?

Hell, the republican candidate up there in CT. has so much stink on him that even the party has fully renounced him...the RNC chair today disowned him today on Meet The Press...but still said he didn't support Lieberman...sure he doesn't.

#11     Aug 13, 2006
  2. Uhhh, what has Edwards done since losing the election?

#12     Aug 13, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

You betcha. I think Lieberman could probably beat most of the republicans in the 08 field in a primary. I would vote for Lieberman over almost all of them. It's not so much that I agree with him on the issues or over Iraq, it's that he is bar none one of the most honest and has more integrity then most in Washington. I think most republicans will be more then happy to adopt Lieberman into the party. I mean think about it. Is there really that much difference between Lieberman and McCain?

#13     Aug 14, 2006
  4. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Who cares what the Dem choice is. Republicans have a far better selection.

#14     Aug 14, 2006
  5. bsmeter

bsmeter

You might as well be voting to make the USA a province of Israel. ROTFLMAO!!! :D

#15     Aug 14, 2006
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

It already is jackass. Did you just wake up from the 60's? Yeah, some other breaking news for you, Jack Kennedy is dead and we landed on the moon. You better get yourself a newspaper. There have been some new developments in the world since you took your 40 year nap.

#16     Aug 14, 2006
  7. Compare the voting records of McCain and Lieberman, yes there is a huge difference.

#17     Aug 14, 2006
  8. I can see your mind remains nailed shut with coffin nails...

#18     Aug 14, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not really. In fact, McCain is more liberal on abortion then Lieberman. Both use the exact same rhetoric such as tax cuts for the rich. McCain and Lieberman both want to raise taxes on the highest income earners. Both are Hawks on foreign policy. McCain is to the left of Lieberman on civil unions and gay marriage. Both support gun control. Both don't support capital punishment as far as I know. Both want to raise the estate tax. Both are far to the left of Bush on the environment. The only real issue I can think of that still puts Lieberman far to the left of McCain is universal healthcare. But give McCain some time. If he wins the primary, you will see him join the left on that issue too.

Maybe I'm missing something here. What exactly separates these two men?

#19     Aug 14, 2006
  10. bsmeter

bsmeter

Yeah I figured you were another ZioNazi Jew type. It's a good thing Christians are waking up to what's going on around us.

#20     Aug 14, 2006