who is the best options trader in this forum ?

Discussion in 'Options' started by traderlux, Jan 20, 2018.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Whoa -- talk about 'playing with yourself'.... :wtf: :rolleyes: :D

#11     Jan 21, 2018
  2. That's how I started out, 2 yrs ago, simple spreads on SPX indices. You're chugging along with picking up daily theta at 1% to 2% per week! If everything goes fine, you get around 50 to 60% per year gain. Then boom, vol spikes and you get a Dec'15 / Jan'16 like event or worse a flash crash. It can pierce through your account and wipe out your account. I just dont think one can be a good options trader just by selling spreads and using theta as the only criteria. You have to venture into playing with vega/gamma. A good trader needs to learn how to repair, use ratio'ed combinations balancing risk/reward mechanism. They have to learn how to hedge. Once all the learning is done, then simplify to selling spreads or 20 delta strangles. Because then when disaster strikes, you know how to fix!

Also, once you became a profitable options trader even with 100%+ returns per year on a 7-figure account, you find yourself in a position still cant raise money. I just doubled my money every year and you dont want to fund me? How come? And there's a reason for that. The reason why hedge funds still deal with individual stocks even with abysmal returns and still retain their billions in AUM. Food for thought ...

#12     Jan 21, 2018
  3. as they say in Southern Ohio and Texas, you got that right...lol

#13     Jan 21, 2018
  4. johnmmf

johnmmf

Options investing is one of the safest and most effective ways to add exposure to risky assets like commodities. Options allows users to limit their downside risk while also affording the opportunity to make speculative calls on all kinds of assets.

#14     Jan 22, 2018
  5. ironchef

ironchef

With such results and trading capital size, I don't understand why you need to raise money?o_O

#15     Jan 22, 2018
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Sweet Bobby, 2nd to nobody.

#16     Jan 22, 2018
  7. I call him Sweet and Sour Bobby...because for someone named Sweet Bobby...he sure does have a bitter, or sour, side. :vomit:
    Sweet and Sour...along with Tastytrade, the pun as well.

I'd be upset too...if my idol, Karen The Supertrader, turned out to be fake.
    And consequentially, his lackluster trading game plan strategy goal.

Everyone who creates Trade Journals here experience bad luck, or no luck, with their trading goals and dreams.
    More like My Little Pony and Care Bear journal diaries and thoughts on my future boyfriend and husband and house.
    John Cleese

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    #17     Jan 22, 2018
    RRY16 likes this.
  8. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Atticus.

#18     Jan 22, 2018
    Rationalize likes this.
  9. sle

sle

I was actually hoping for the “most handsome” award :) on a serious note, I think whatever success I’ve had is very much due to luck.

#19     Jan 22, 2018
  10. I don't mean to pry, or pry too much, but how successful or big are you o_O
    Can you throw out some % return numbers, what was traded, average historicals, etc etc potentially gauging information,

#20     Jan 22, 2018