Who is the best for 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jan 28, 2015.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Donald Trump...Probably too much of a cartoon.

#11     Jan 28, 2015
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Cartoons are popular around here, though.

#12     Jan 28, 2015
  3. wildchild

wildchild

As soon as the media heard Romney might run the media did a full frontal assault on him, then they got a bunch leftists who offered 'advise' that Romney would be a bad choice. I love it when leftists give advise to their political enemies. My favorite thing of all is media people who say Romney shouldn't run because he already tried and didn't win, and then they praise Hillary and they don't even get the stupidity of their statement.

BTW, Jeb Bush is a turd and always has been a turd. No more Bush presidencies. GHWB was a screw up and we ended up with Bill Clinton because of it. The country is still paying for that debacle because Hillary 'The Coattail Surfer' Clinton is still hanging around. GWB was such a screw up we ended with Obama. Thanks alot. Who will we be stuck with because of Jeb's incompetence?

#13     Jan 29, 2015
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Americans don't have the guts to vote for real change. Another establishment loser will be voted in because Americans, in general, are establishment losers. People don't want freedom or free markets. They want to be lied too, conned, stolen from and coddled.

#14     Jan 29, 2015
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. Ricter

Ricter

That, or on looking around the world they realize they have it pretty good.

#15     Jan 29, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Interesting how there are so many more seditionists among conservatives than among liberals.

#16     Jan 29, 2015
  7. Ricter

Ricter

That's to be expected, it's consistent with their (right or wrong) worldview.

#17     Jan 29, 2015
  8. Republican primary voters can be real morons. They gave us McCain after all. And Bob Dole.

Will they be mesmerized by the Bush name? It sounds absurd to us, but it is a real possibility.

Of the establishment candidates, the one who interests me is Christie. I am inclined to give him a pass on sucking up to obama right before the election, since romney stupidly bypassed him for vP and chose Paul Ryan. Payback baby. Christie is wrong on most issues from guns to immigration to abortion to gay rights, etc. But he can give a speech and he can handle the media better than any of the others. I wouldn't discount the possibility of his lighting up the debates. Or he could sink quietly under the water like Guliani did.

Cruz needs to do something very soon. That is issue a white paper putting the citizenship issue to rest. The very people who are inclined to support him are the ones who were most upset about obama's murky citizenship status. For my money, he is head and shoulders the best candidate. The smartest, the toughest, and the most conservative.

Rand Paul is a bit of a cypher. He will light up the debates, no doubt, but he has been on all sides of the immigration issue. The key for him will be to make his neo-isolationist foreign policy palatable.

#18     Jan 29, 2015
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Are you sure? Did you run that prediction through the Jem Algo?

#19     Jan 29, 2015
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

#20     Jan 29, 2015