Who is still short? Be honest now.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ivanbaj, Jul 15, 2009.

1. i'm 20% short here looking to add 30% more at 1050 25% at 1150 and 25% at 1250 if we make it there

#31     Jul 20, 2009
  2. Convincing? The only thing convincing is price action. Go long until you shouldn't. This market doesn't care for logic or fundamentals, but that shouldn't stop you from making money on it. Buy.

#32     Jul 20, 2009
  3. Just for the record.

Short term: Long is wrong.

#33     Jul 20, 2009
  4. Right below resistance on cash SPX of 949-950. Not sure how either camp can be so sure at this moment, lol

#34     Jul 20, 2009
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

You really want to be right don't you? I just want to make money.

#35     Jul 20, 2009
  6. Long OTM puts into next year on some stocks, a speculative play so no big deal if they expire worthless. I think it is very likely that this market will get stale and go nowhere for years to come.

#36     Jul 20, 2009
  7. Usually, I see 30k - 50k ES futures contracts traded in HFT style, when certain support / resistance levels MUST be breached. Same style applies to FDAX, FTSE, Hangseng, Nikkei, Kospi, Taiex, ASX, CAC 40, Eurostoxx...etc.

Usually, I play this song when such events occur :

The Doors: Break On Through To The Other Side, Live In Minneapolis 1968 (Rare)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQrcNhFTmEM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQrcNhFTmEM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#37     Jul 20, 2009
  8. wartrace

wartrace

I've got four (Oct) SPX puts (940 strike) . My thinking is we will see a dip or two between now & the third week in October.
    I am not entirely convinced that the worst is behind us- we still have to see what happens with employment, the Alt-a/option arm mortgages & commercial mortgages. There is a big problem looming with the European banks.

The only good news I have seen is "not as bad as expected" which is still bad.

#38     Jul 20, 2009
  9. S2007S

S2007S

FAST Trades into mondays close.....

I guess none of them are short!!!!

CALL THE CLOSE

Mike Khouw? I’m going to stay long

Addison Armstrong? I’m a buyer of crude above $65 and below $63.65 I’m a seller.

Jared Levy? I’m a buyer, but carefully

Joe Terranova? I'm a buyer

#39     Jul 20, 2009
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

Most people don't short...perhaps they can sell their longs but shorting is extreme...

#40     Jul 20, 2009