Who is still short? Be honest now.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ivanbaj, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I'm 40% short leveraged at S&P 900. Tomorrow, I'll increase it to 60%.

Regarding volume, yes it has little effect on prices, but if it isn't there, prices are extremely vulnerable to coming down.

#21     Jul 15, 2009
  2. Actually, the better title for this is Who stayed long overnight?

#22     Jul 15, 2009
  3. Sold all longs today.
    30% short via SDS
    70% cash.

#23     Jul 15, 2009
  4. market action confirming that at present time, sentiment leading indicator. Reasonable to expect continuation of this process for time beeing.

#24     Jul 15, 2009
  5. ammo

ammo

avg sh of 889 up to 909, big mp nip at 930, djt never rallied to validate spu rally , vix bounced off of major weekly low tl, dow up over 500 in 3 days, a little overbought here, ya think... vol is useful when using uvol/dvol comparison and when it spikes at major supp/res #'s

#25     Jul 15, 2009
  6. Still short? This market is going places. If short ... abort.

#26     Jul 20, 2009
  7. akeserla

akeserla

Guess i am one of the people short since monday on the SPY. I went short 50% of my portfolio @ 88.02, down a couple of grand .. dont feel so good. I may cover soon...

#27     Jul 20, 2009
  8. hope you are terrified being short.. let us all know when you are sweating hundreds out of your broke body.. lol.. when you cover is when i will get short. that is the big spike in volume on a huge up day range.. thats a million other losers like you running for the exits and thats me.. with a big net collecting your money as i short into all of your mkt buy orders.. hell thats me showing huge buy limits above all of your stops ..greasing the trigger .. you know that itchy one on the mouse .. make sure you blink a lot because we do not want those sharp eyes of yours missing any up ticks now do we!

#28     Jul 20, 2009
  9. akeserla

akeserla

nah.. i belong to the group that will wait patiently for it to come back close to cut my losses.. i know I wont make money out of it.. trading is my parttime gig... so it would hurt but no sweating bullets. I will hold it for an extra week or so ;)

#29     Jul 20, 2009
  10. Given all the ebullience and hard core talk and jawboning of fed officials that the recession is nary over, this action doesn't seem so convincing.

I have my doubts that it's over. I have every bit as confident doubt that the economy is getting better, rather than worse.

I see Goldman wading neck high in the debt-service minefield, and that tells me just about all I really need to know, assuming I didn't pay attention to anything else.

Leveraging desperate borrowers, or charging them to do so with others, is the new money racket for the decade, and Goldman is shifting its entire ground game to this absolutely booming industry of endless possibilities that would never have such potential if the economy wasn't so feeble and likely to remain so for a very, very long time.

#30     Jul 20, 2009