Who is Stan Weinstein?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by toc, May 21, 2005.

1. kowboy

kowboy

Sounds like Mr Market an ex ET member who never ever had a loosing trade, 100% wins.:cool:

#11     May 22, 2005
  2. toc

toc

Martys,

Is the really true, not kidding, that mark Wienstien had 99% winners in his trading? If so, any clues on his trading method.

#12     May 22, 2005
  3. The number was a guess. You might want to reread Market Wizards I. Mark was truly obsessed with the market and technical analysis... I still don't think he would enter a contest again.

Mark Weinstein interviewed in Market Wizards by Jack Schwager:
    "Although the cheetah is the fastest animal in the world and can catch any animal on the plains, it will wait until it is absolutely sure it can catch its prey. It may hide in the bush for a week waiting for just the right moment. It will wait for a baby antelope, and not just any baby antelope, but preferably one that is also sick or lame. Only then, when there is no chance it can lose its prey, does it attack. That, to me, is the epitome of professional trading."

#13     May 22, 2005
  4. toc

toc

Good analogy, infact mixing quality with discipline can give substaintial account growth.

#14     May 22, 2005
  5. Mark was eating, sleeping, shitting market 24 hours a day. Had Mr. Market done that?
    Like Marty Schwartz, I think Mark eventually burned out a bit (who wouldn't going at his rate)...

#15     May 22, 2005
  6. toc

toc

One success to market winning is 'Do not enter the field with your personal belongings, enter only with the trading capital that you are willing to lose and still not lose your sleep'. Keep it light no excess baggage please!

#16     May 22, 2005
  7. kowboy

kowboy

My misguided dry sense of humor, I was only kidding about Mr Market, can't stand his claims, boasting or his ego.

#17     May 22, 2005
  8. Stan Weinstein took over "The Professional Taper Reader" from Justin Mamis during the late 1970's and it was a stock newsletter published every three weeks for many years out of Hollywood, FL. Stan's basis for selecting stocks was heavily reliant on the four phases of price movement:
    1) basing phase;
    2) ascending phase;
    3) toping phase, and;
    4) descending phase.
    Each Phase was broken into three minor phases, a,b, & c.
    ie a 3C phase was late in the toping phase of a stock.
    He would manually look at weekly charts and id selections of stock that were in the various phases for each newletter publication.

This is just one area that his newsletter touched on, and he was mainly a technical chartist person. He must be in his late 60's or early 70's and fully retired from that business.

#18     May 23, 2005
  9. There was a Weinstein interview on WallStreet Uncut I believe.

He came across quite intelligently.

#19     May 23, 2005

10. Who was it?

#20     May 23, 2005