who is 'Scientist'?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by funky, Oct 19, 2003.

1. LOL!

I only just found this thread! I'm amazed. Finally somebody started an ET thread about me. Should I feel honoured? To be quite honest, it makes me feel more "exposed" or "important" than I'd like to be.

Here a few clarifications (regarding posts on here):

- I'm no "scientist" as such. I have been working in computer science for years, and I am known to deeply research and analyze almost anything I endeavour to. This gave me this nickname, which was in fact given to me by a great friend in the scene (white-hat) at the age of about 9, and I stuck with it ever since. I have and never had any intentions to display grandeur or self-importance with this name. It's my nickname.

- Regarding Hyp's post: You might be surprised. English is not my first language. I only started actively speaking English 3 years ago. I lived in Germany for most of my life. I speak German, English, French and Turkish, of which the latter two are getting tarnished a little. I also speak a few computer languages (almost same fate). Regarding "I can spell" - Well I never use a spell-checker (it really annoys me), so I'll actually misspell occassionally. :)

- Regarding the "embarrassment" on the IQ thread, which funky started this thread with - I suppose I should have saved it for April 1st. But honestly - you can read up on it yourself.

- Regarding the "Scientist's 46 posts in one day" by Party Animal - This was actually a short (and 1-liner) competition to get a helluva lot of posts, which involved some very good indeed traders, including TM_Trader, Fast_Trader, Girlpower, to name just a few. Party Animal was the stinkboot here and didn't like the idea that he wasn't welcome. Anybody here can verify the posts of this day.

Now, regarding all the contributors to this thread - There are a few valued members on here which I honour, for whatever reasons, such as objectivity, smartness, diplomatic behavior, wisdom, and personal (PM and eMail) acquaintance. Once again, none of these have really disappointed me, either.

These are the following: funky, hypostomus, Fast_Trader, electron, vanilla2 (in no particular order)

These are all members which are in some sort of way valuable and respectable. There's a lot of others on this thread, doing flaming etc, being cutting or doing the usual snide and stupid one-liners (dbphoenix).

None of the statements in this post (or anywhere else for that matter) are lies, and I can seal them with my blood and crest. :cool:

Regarding the original question of the thread, namely "Who is Scientist" - You are free to check my "Personal Background" thread which was created by Inandlong.
    It shows most of the details required to answer your question:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...2647&highlight=personal+background#post302647

I suppose it contains more than I should have disclosed on a Trading forum, anyway, and I'm not gonna let you dig anymore in my private life, but if you should have any further, honest and well-meant questions or confusions, please feel free post them here and I will be happy to answer. I have never lied here, and I have nothing to hide. Anybody who feels he can prove the opposite - feel free to do so!

Otherwise - I hope this is clarified ASAP, so we can get back to more interesting topics, such as the main topic of the forum : Trading. I don't like being in the limelight, which, as you now know, is the reason that I gave up art and went into trading. :)

Warmest Regards,
    Scientist.

#51     Oct 20, 2003
  2. Now tell us the truth, please this time. Are you OddTrader? :mad: :D

#52     Oct 20, 2003
  3. ...I am astounded by your personal revelations. My grandchildren are almost as old as you are. My mental image of you is demolished, you punk! You and any two of your Gen-Whatever friends together are not as old as I am. To think I took your posts seriously! I recommend to the moderator that this entire thread be summarily deleted as offensive to the seasoned sensibilities of early Boomer traders. Harrumph!

#53     Oct 20, 2003
  4. LOL hypostomus!

You know that the main reason I respect you is for your always well-thought-out, insightful, ingenious, funny and yet unbiased posts.
    You now also know I'm a great fan of satire! :D

Best Reg's
    Scientist

#54     Oct 20, 2003
  5. Well, yes of course!

I am also darkhorse, nitro, candletrader, Ken_DTU, harrytrader, max401, Fast_Trader, hypostomus, mrmarket, Longshot, ROCK SOLID, Pabst, Gordon Gekko, Inandlong and Baron.

Don Bright is my half-brother. My real name is Juan Brillante and I live in Mexico. I got caught by U.S Customs trying to swim to the promised land, but Don is a successful "wet bum" who now lives in Estados Unidos and we run this site together.

So I am basically responsible for 70% of the posts on this forum, and a diverse community as such doesn't even exist. It is all a trick to fool the sponsors, stupid American gringos, and make more money for our trading site.

Now you know all the truth about me - that is ET.

Adios Amigos and Bienvenido,
    Juan (Scientifico)

#55     Oct 20, 2003
  6. :eek:

To be honest, this is the first post on ET for months that I found personally offensive - said by someone I considered so full of wisdom and sense of humour.

Maybe I misinterpreted your statement, which seems to very unexpectedly display oodles of jugdmentalism and arrogance, so correct me if I should be wrong.
    However from current state of affairs I am deeply disappointed in you, hypostomus.
    If this is the way you think, consider this a state of mutual appreciation cancelled.

Sincerely,
    Scientist

#56     Oct 20, 2003
  7. ...aren't you supposed to be trading EUREX or DAX or some other third-world exchange now? You give yourself away.

I take great humbrage at your suggestion that my posts are intended to be humorous. This is a common experience for me, especially with women. When I am serious, they laugh. When I am trying to be funny, they cry. Your confusion of my posting style with satire obviously comes from your classical literary background, wherein luminaries such as Voltaire and Swift did not have recourse (nor did they need it) to absurd happy faces to convey their meaning. ET might as well go to all cartoon icons to facilitate the more common styles of posts. A puffed-up bullfrog could stand for "I'm great!". A steaming heap could quickly convey one's scatalogical opinion of another poster's character. A Gordian knot could most eloquently convey the logic of many systems touted here. But I digress.

My posts are deadly serious. When you reach that age (and you will, if an offended poster does not seek you out) when death is no longer optional, you will realize that it is foolish to expend your precious waning moments on trivialities.

#57     Oct 20, 2003

8. See, I knew it, I knew it. :D

It's completely impossible.

Somehow I know that only Baron alone has already owned 50% of the registered member names, that totally produce 90% of daily posts on ET (of course you understand why!). :

You're joking! :mad: :D

#58     Oct 20, 2003
  9. ...sorry. Should have used a funny face. I had hoped that the "Harrumph!" at the end would suffice. I am a white trash Southerner, and we delight in playful mock-serious insult. Now that I know your sensibilities I shall be more careful. Indeed no offense was intended.

#59     Oct 20, 2003
  10. Cammin71

Cammin71

Scientist is a very funny individual.
    :D :D :D :D

#60     Oct 20, 2003