who is 'Scientist'?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by funky, Oct 19, 2003.

1. ...before this thread gets moved ignominiously to Chit-Chat, perhaps we should redefine the objective as "Who is NOT Scientist?" I believe I can safely say that he is NOT Harry, as I know for a fact that Harry is not a native English speaker. He is NOT Grob109, as what he says is perfectly clear on the first reading. He is NOT Phoenix, because his posts are too long. By the process of elimination (the logical process, not the bodily one), we shall winkle him out. Could he possibly be....Funky? Let the denials fly: "Yet before the cock crows ye shall twice deny me."

#11     Oct 19, 2003
  2. #12     Oct 19, 2003
  3. Lotsa DRAMA on ET lately :D Carry on... :p

-Fast

#13     Oct 19, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And you're an asshole. But I'm sure you can figure out what happens next :p

#14     Oct 19, 2003
  5. I think that Oldtrader guy and Scientist are both one in the same!

Actually come to think about it, Pabst most definately gets my vote for Scientist

#15     Oct 19, 2003
  6. ...indeed, it is the Millenium delayed! Grob109 gets respect and posts his method in comprehensible and comprehensive DETAIL. Harry's English improves! REX had a losing trade! Could it be that all of the posters in this thread are Scientist? That would make Sybil a piker for multiple personalities.

#16     Oct 19, 2003
  7. bronks

bronks

Hypo, you're making me dizzy.

#17     Oct 19, 2003
  8. ...I wasn't joking. All those things happened this past week.

Funky is a psychodynamical genius! This thread is proof positive of the ailimentary fullness at ET (for you, Harry, the operative expression here is "J'en ai plein le cul.") One of my favorite authors, John Hayden, said in his "21 Irrefutable Truths of Trading" that everyone needs certainly, variety, significance, and belonging. As traders, we have too little certainty and far too much variety. ET is where we get our imagined significance and our ersatz belonging.

#18     Oct 19, 2003
  9. i've always found it puzzling how otherwise intelligent people who are determined to sound intelligent, accomplished and credentialed could overlook the fact that persistent claims of authority and ability are a dead giveaway of psychological need for acceptance, weakness, and/or fraud.

if you want to tell a convincing lie, you definitely don't garnish almost every post you make with claims about your acumen. isn't this poker face 101? We've all seen this personality profile come up again and again on ET which is not surprising for a public internet forum dealing with such an intercompetitive field. What is surprising to me is how people who fit this profile think they're fooling anybody but themselves.

see: Christopher Walken in "True Romance"

ps - what also bugs me is that i can't be like the majority of smarter guys around who could give a shit and have better things to do than debunk others' bogus claims. when i read these kinds of posts from the oxford guy, mrmarket, etc, they really spark this unfortunate desire in me to call them out.. and i fight it like the dickens. i have a personal obsession with understanding people's motivations and i also have some of my own psychological needs to identify and fix, definitely.

#19     Oct 19, 2003
  10. funky

funky

what is a psychodynamical genius? it sounds good though...thanks!

#20     Oct 19, 2003