who is 'Scientist'?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by funky, Oct 19, 2003.

1. funky

funky

jack, we like to give the few good traders here some shit...including you! think of it as a form of compliment. the stuff scientist has contributed has been invaluable, as you say.

:cool:

-funky

#91     Oct 22, 2003
  2. Quote from Grob109:

I like having scientist as an acquaintance.

Now the brainers are joining the conversation... Many thanks for your support, Grob. I feel the same way about you here, though.

Regarding trading, he demonstates that he can trade about any way he wishes. And he is successful. So I feel we have a colleagial.

I feel that anybody who is accomplished in understanding all of the 5 points named below is enabled to trade any way he likes. Once the basic market principles of migration and applied anticipation rather than prediction have been internalized, the trader can trade any market, at any timeframe, which enables us to use SCT in an encapsulated timeframe-model, such as 15s, 1m, 5m, 15m, 60m, D, and so on. There is no magic to it. Trading is the oldest and simplest profession in the world. Many million years ago, monkey man A so desperately wanted a bunny that he offered X fishes for monkey man B's rabbit and fish-man kept raising the number of fishes until rabbit-man hit the bid, and day trading was born. So the principles, once understood, are simple and universal.

With respect to what I personally do, I feel he is one of the keener people on ET. I could wish that he traded SCT because it would help others doing it as reinforcement but that is just selfish on my part.

Jack, I should mention here that I have internalized and built upon many elements of SCT and many great J.H trading wisdoms. My approach, if the definition of SCT is trading seamlessly, can almost be called SCT. I wonder that you are somebody who programmed IBM mainframes to do simple stock range calculations, before anybody even knew what computers were, not to mention when my parents were very young indeed. There clearly is a lot of stuff to learn from so much wisdom, and SCT is a holistic and complete approach, which I will endeavour to fully understand and trade one day in exactly the same way for sure. The real only difference is that I don't use indicators, since their proper application is extremely critical and can be biasing - However, if 100% understood and used in the way you do, they can be very effective indeed. It is just that I am currently learning how to trade solely from chart patterns, being constantly coached and mentored by one of the best traders out there probably, who requires me to do so. This does not mean that SCT will not be an option at some point in time. I am, unlike many others here, aware of the potential power the full SCT approach.

What it nets down to is that he reinforced several things that I feel are very important to top notch traders. These are:

1. That the market operating point migrates instead of jumping around.

2. Understanding that the markets path on a matrix is primarily controlled by "blockers" closing down alternative paths.

3. Anticipation prevails and that there is no basis for needing to forecast nor predict.

4. Process is how to learn: knowledge and skills and beliefs. It is an experience base path.

5. NLP is where beliefs are instilled and honed.

Actually, not just very important, but absolutely crucial, these 5 points. I have done a test on this about 2 weeks ago and concluded that in fact, if all 5 points are achieved, 'A' trader status can be achieved, while 1 missing point would make you a 'B' trader and 2 missing points a 'D' trader, or simply worst grade. Unless you get at least 4 right, you will be a very inefficient, if not unprofitable edge (hope) trader.

My most exciting ET experience revolved around his "matrix". I haven't published mine at this point but I think his "diagonal one showed a terrific ability to combine items 1, 2, and 3, above.

Jack, I didn't realize this meant so much to you. I think you would be very much more amazed about something else I can show you - In terms of market migration - This would amaze even you... :) PM me your email address, and I'll send you something... :D

Some of the zones he fits into are: skilled trader, very intelligent, self confident, giver (rather than taker), caring, and critical.

Many thanks, Jack. :)
    I do however not even compare to you, who has made an effort to make literally thousands of contributions to enrich the trading community. Although often unappreciated - It does not go by unseen for everybody!

Life is not about being a terrific one liner type person nor is it about doing things that do not support the well being of others.

Whew respect! I hope it won't another 50 years to get to this state of wisdom!

[...]

I always read what he posts. While I do not ignore people here for educational reasons, I do notice that there are many people here (who are damaged and carry much baggage of continuing failure) continually lessen themselves as they trip over their stuff as they comment.

Scientist suggested to me to not feed these kinds of people but to just contribute excellence. So I am a person who takes his direction seriously. Et would be served well, if a lot of people here would follow scientist's advice when he takes the time to offer it.

One of the greatest disservicies done to me was how my test scores were misrepresented by test givers to those who gave me guidance, including my parents. Scientist just happens to have unlimited freedom to consider what he wishes. As unlimited wealth comes his way, he will make use of it properly. He often enables others as we all see.

Thanks a lot. Many great words. "Don't feed the trolls and contribute only excellence.". So shall it be.
    I appreciate your pointing out and making me aware of the kind of freedom I possess right now - I will do my best to make good use of it!

And yes - I will make use of my wealth properly. My main endeavours are to support my practically invalid mother and help her with the here very difficult immigration process (unlike me she isn't Australian, but middle-european-born and needs to immigrate, Australian laws here are absolutely unbelievable) and to build a trust fund that she can live off, as well as to build a happy life for those around me, such as my friends and gf, and last but not least to be charitable. This runs in the family. I am now member of Greenpeace, the Australian Wilderness Society and a few other charities, as both passive (just paying) and at times active member. However, the preservation of what's left of the environment is the most important thing to me, and I think anybody who is successful in trading should make an effort to give something back to this world, which has given you permission to live on it and exploit its resources for your benefit.

Anyway - Many thanks for your thoughts and support, Jack!

Warmest Regards,
    Scientist.

#92     Oct 22, 2003

3. Sir, you have most exquisite breasts.

#93     Oct 22, 2003
  4. I can't believe this thread is drawing so much attention.

#94     Oct 23, 2003
  5. Oh tres merci, mademoiselle LongShot! Your lips are not of average dimensions, either.

#95     Oct 23, 2003
  6. Yeah. Baron is going me halves on the per-click rate returns :p

#96     Oct 23, 2003
  7. If anybody doesn’t like Scientist just leave him alone.
    There are many people who like him and learn from him.
    So leave us alone

Hamp

#97     Oct 23, 2003

8. I just spit up my coffee!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

#98     Oct 23, 2003

9. :cool: In the End There Can Be Only ONE Scientist :cool:

#99     Oct 23, 2003