Who is really making a living trading options??

Discussion in 'Options' started by nnfx, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Option is the game of seller no buyer. It is truth someone is really trade options for a living, who is one of my friends, it is just three months that he makes money $228000 though trading options.

#31     Oct 20, 2011
  2. sle

sle

I don't get it. There is a huge number of beta-neutral vol strategies, from simple term structure plays to dicking around with VXX, VIX futures etc. There are hedge funds out there that ONLY trade volatility as a product. Yet time after time you get people saying either of two things (a) nobody can make money in opitons or (b) you can only make money selling options.

PS. Go buy Volatility Trading by Synclair and read it.

#32     Oct 20, 2011
    light12 likes this.
  3. Amen to that...

#33     Oct 20, 2011
  4. johnmarg

johnmarg

Another stock you may consider is RMBS. High IV every month, more than LNG and maybe less of a price swing and less likely to go out of business or drop to near zero. Just a thought

#34     Oct 20, 2011
  5. terrible choice. just a thought.

#35     Oct 20, 2011
  6. here is your edge.

put a ton of margin in your account and sell them way the heck out of the money 2 to 3 weeks to expiry.

their is always some idiot willing to pay .25 cents for a pipe dream.

look to make 2 to 3% per month

do it 12 times per year.

you have arrived.

s

#36     Oct 20, 2011
  7. certian death

#37     Oct 20, 2011
  8. johnmarg

johnmarg

There was no need to get snotty in your post to me. I just made an alternative stock choice and not to you. Of course you made a snide comment with no facts to back it up.

#38     Oct 20, 2011
  9. not my job to educate you but what do you not want a stock to do if you sell premium against it?

#39     Oct 20, 2011
  10. There we go... Great plan! It's the sort of stuff dreams are made of.

#40     Oct 20, 2011