Who is more free between the two ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Mar 14, 2004.

Who is more free between the two ?

1. the businessman

20 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. the fisherman

57 vote(s)
    62.6%
  3. other (then you can precise)

14 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. I am confused....what is all the hubbub about?

Michael B.

#21     Mar 14, 2004
  2. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Nothing is up between me and anyone. I was just making a point...this thread was just a simple little discourse on Freedom in a sense.

I was just pointing out that not every fucking thread has to be about HOW TO TRADE. I trade for living, i breath it, i live or die by it, i deal with it almost 24 hours a day......ITS OK TO TAKE A BREAK FROM IT AND HAVE DISCOURSE such as this thread, no harm done.

Besides...no offense, but if one really trades for a living, i highly doubt they are coming on this thread for "IDEAS ON HOW TO TRADE",

#22     Mar 14, 2004
  3. I can only have contempt for guys like you: I doubt that you have accomplished anything more that vomitting your food. I complain your wife who has to do the cleaning.

#23     Mar 15, 2004
  4. My grandfather was a bit like the businessman. He was the richest man in the region - he was not a trader he was in diamond commerce. My grandmother was not well treated, he didn't care about his children. What happened to him: his children at his old age stole his swiss bank account.

Do you remember Gann or Livermore ? gann's children hated him. Livermore said he failed his life. If he had stopped when he has accumulated enough maybe he would still be there, maybe only since there are other factors.

As for myself I have put a limit at 50 millions. Maybe at 50 millions I would push to 100 millions but I would remember my grandfather that would stop me.

#24     Mar 15, 2004
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Neither is more free. The fisherman is following his nature - which is to fish. The businessmen is also following his nature - which is to do business.

No way will the businessman stay retired for long - within 3 months he will be bored with retirement and go back on the job. Does a Rupert Murdoch or a Warren Buffett retire?

The fisherman also makes a basic mistake - he keeps asking "then what?" Well, the businessman could equally ask "then what?" to the fisherman. What does he do after the 100th drinking session with his friends, doesn't he get bored and yearn for some challenge, some adventure, instead of following the same dull routine for the rest of his life? The fisherman can't see that the point of doing business is to enjoy doing business and to do it well, not to arrive at some end goal. Like they say, the money is just how you keep score.

Finally, the businessman's last answer is stupid. With millions in the bank, you wouldn't retire and sip wine in some sh*thole Mexican town. You'd buy a 2nd hand Russian fighter jet and fly at Mach 3 to the edge of space; you'd buy a 300ft icebreaking expedition yacht and explore the North and South poles; you'd buy a sports team or a newspaper and play the tycoon; you'd sponsor the arts or fund a film. To put it another way - you'd have a much more interesting life than some boring old fart slowly growing old in the middle of nowhere.

#25     Mar 15, 2004
  6. In Tucson the local choice is French fighters (no convenient lubricant crossover charts though) and helis. The antarctica thing is centering on coastal volcanos (skin diving is in).

#26     Mar 15, 2004
  7. Where at ?
    Walter

#27     Mar 15, 2004
  8. funky

funky

C. other: the fisherman who realizes that he doesn't need the businessman to make his dream come true. he decides to setup his own operation and become fully responsible for his and his family's future.

#28     Mar 15, 2004
  9. Great post, Harry...

#29     Aug 7, 2005
  10. I've seen a lot of 50 year olds who've made war in the business world for their entire professional careers. Few friends, and spent a lot of it in high-cost cities anyway. What sense does that make? Fishermen unite!

#30     Aug 7, 2005