Who is more free between the two ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Mar 14, 2004.

Who is more free between the two ?

1. the businessman

20 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. the fisherman

57 vote(s)
    62.6%
  3. other (then you can precise)

14 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Nitro has a solid point on MOM and POPs and .....the fisherman is the ideal freedom for all. And one should approach trading as such.....going fishing.

You may catch non, you may catch a few or you may catch a lot, or even lose a few who break away from the line. However, as long as you fish enough to satisfy ur needs...then ur as free as this fisherman.

That is what i do, i go fishing everyday. Sometimes the fish bite, sometimes they dont and sometimes they get away....and while the Corporate Monkey man is still at work burining the midnight oil, I am relaxing.....

#11     Mar 14, 2004
  2. I then fear a new genetic specie in future : Gronirob or Nirogrob I don't know :D

#12     Mar 14, 2004
  3. Work hard...Play hard....

Seriously, I found that when I approach trading with an investment view, is far better for me .... What is my annual yield? is it increasing? and Why? do I drawdown much?....what is the total portfolio picture and what does it tell me? This is far better than trying to live off of trading and living a roller coaster lifestyle....

To explain, I like to speculate with 15% of my portfolio...(my favorite part)

The other 85% gets split into different accounts diversifying being the main goal....

A smooth diversified risk free equity curve is always sought after....with retirement in mind....I am 45 years old...

It seems to me that euphoria is reached when you can find balance and be sensitive to "when you get out of balance".

Michael B.

#13     Mar 14, 2004
  4. With me its not a question of having enough. I had enough when I started trading. I love doing it. For some people their work is their pleasure. Retirement would drive me nuts, I think.

#14     Mar 14, 2004
  5. Hmm,
    It seems to me that if the fisherman did "NOT" catch a fish today, he would go hungry.
    As his kids grow, they will need a new pair of shoes.
    At some point, he will need to do maintenance on his boat/ fishing line/ net, etc..

These type of things are as much a challenge to the fisherman as the challenges facing the gringo, with his business.

The point is not which life style is easier, but how well each of us copes with our own challenges.

No matter what we do, we can be ether happy, or sad, its our choice.

#15     Mar 14, 2004
  6. "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

William Shakespeare 1564 - 1616

#16     Mar 14, 2004
  7. People who post crap like this are the ones who haven't accomplished much in life.

And I'm suppose to waste my time with you because, why again? You simply have nothing of any value to me.

#17     Mar 14, 2004
  8. Let us know who you are in frazzle over?

Michael B.

#18     Mar 14, 2004
  9. 007Arb

007Arb

Nice post harrytrader. Really makes you sit back and reflect. As to the replies, yes, to be a success you must love what you do and do it passionately. But some of the rich and successful people I've encountered have been so one dimensional that they practiced their passion until the day they died. I guess if that what made them happy that's all that counts. But I would think a more well-rounded person would have other passions (beyond trading and getting rich) that they might want to someday also passionately pursue, especially as they grow older.

Money can be like a drug where you can never get enough. You set monetary goals as a trader in amounts that seem like a lot of money at the time the goals are set. Then once you achieve such goals, suddenly it doesn't seem like so much money and you reset and aim for even more. Unless one knows when to pull the plug, it can become a vicious circle while the rest of life passes you by.

#19     Mar 14, 2004
  10. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

"People who post crap like this are the ones who haven't accomplished much in life.

And I'm suppose to waste my time with you because, why again? You simply have nothing of any value to me. "

This is one of those, I wana be a trader so i come to Elite Trader for trading Ideas type of guy. Anything that is not about trading a system, or system to trading is worthless.

If im correct, these are the guys that such the net High and Low, search any possible realm that will give them some TRADING IDEAS..........only to blow out and return to the 9 to 5 life style bitter and depressed.

These thread was just an interesting reflection on the Meaning of FREEDOM...nothing more, nothing less......if you want trading ideas, im sure there are 600 post from Yahoos on ET who will take all the time in the world to tell you their secrets.......

just move on dude.

#20     Mar 14, 2004