Who is lying about Gann ? Wyckoff or Elder ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by harrytrader, Sep 14, 2004.

Who is lying about Gann ? Wyckoff or Elder ?

1. Wyckoff is lying

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Elder is lying

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Gann has lost all in between

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  4. Others? (Gann and Wyckoff are complices agents of Wall Street...) :D

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. A house worth $100,000 in the 50's would be worth close to 10 million today, given appreciation in values. My perents paid $15k for their home in the 70s and todays its worth close to half a million.

So Gann wasn't exactly poor.

Runningbear

#11     Sep 14, 2004
  2. Or the other way round: 10 millions today is a peanut :D

#12     Sep 15, 2004
  3. You're not a freemason ? that's why you don't understand the "coding" stuff :D

#13     Sep 15, 2004
  4. Have fun (if someone can decipher the code for me because I'm not wired either to understand it) :D

"W.D.GANN UNVEILED
    By D K Burton

W.D.Gann spent all his life studying cycles and numbers. Gann was a financial astrologer, a Freemason and studied the bible to decipher cycles. Gann made large amounts of money trading, gambling on the horse races and playing the Cuban lottery.

Gann was a Shriner which is a name applied to the “Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine” He also was a member of the “Order of the Magi” in Chicago. As well as being a member of the “Mark Twain Society” (the pen name of “Samuel Langbourne Clemens”) who also was a Freemason.

Gann said to “Buenos Aires Herald” (21/3/1935) that he has records of grain dating back 1000 years and cotton records nearly 400 years. The former, he was able to gather the most accurate information from old British records whilst in his search for cotton cycles he visited Egypt and India.

His third wife died around 1996. Gann died in 1955. She was 35 and Gann was around 65 when they were married. A close friend of mine visited her and she stated “one day Gann went to the races and she received a phone call late one night saying could you come and pick up your husband as we fear for his life, he has made so much money it is bursting out of his pockets”.

Some people say he died broke. I don’t believe this to be true, as taxes were well over 80% in the 40’s and 50’s and he most likely left his money in Cuba. You can’t have an office on Wall Street for 40 years employing 9 staff, own two planes and be earning no money. Gann was quoted in a number of newspapers that he used the planes to inspect crops; this is highly unlikely as he new in advance what the market was doing. This is proven in “Tunnel thru the air” were he forecast the exact top and price of cotton on the 8th September 1927 at 24.40 (page 196), also check page 208 of “How to make profits in Commodities” for the exact time and price. He also forecast that the stock exchange would close due to panic selling on the 3rd October 1931, the low was on the 5th October and the market rallied from 85.51 to a high of 119.15 on the 9th November 1931 as predicted in “Tunnel thru the air” on page 321 to 323. The book was published on the 9th May 1927. It was possible that the planes were a tax deduction and he flew the money he made to South American bank account.

Anyone who is a Freemason understands that it is a secret society and knowledge is passed on through rituals and symbolism. "

#14     Sep 15, 2004
  5. [continued...]

"It is only the initiated few of the highest order that would understand anything of ancient geometry and astronomy, being two of the several liberal arts. The seven liberal arts stand for each of the seven ancient planets being Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Sun, Mercury and Moon.

Saturn is the master of the lodge and the other planets are allocated to the other positions in the lodge. You cannot have a lodge meeting unless you have a least seven people attending. Lodge meetings in the past were conducted on every new moon, although today it is not practical, therefore they are run on a nominated day of the week once a month.

The USA independence was set up astrologically by 57 men, 56 of whom were Freemasons and it was set up on the 4th July 1776 for a specific reason. 56 is also twice 28 which is mentioned in the following pages. A large number of the US Presidents have been Freemasons.

The 4th of July is 120 degrees from the 4th March and the 4th of November. In the past the President was elected on the 4th of November but never took office until the 4th of March making up the triangle. If you have studied history you would also know that the Federal Government never became effective until the 4th March 1789 exactly 13 years after American Independence was declared.

The US 1 dollar bill is also coded i.e., there is an eagle holding 13 arrows in 1 claw and there is a branch of 13 leaves in the other claw. There are 13 stars above the eagles head and 13 stripes on the eagle’s breast totalling 52, which represents the weeks in a year. There was originally 13 States of America. The eagle is represented by the astrological sign of Scorpio.

Gann never got on with his son and his son didn’t believe in astrology. His son John was born in 1915 with Merury, Saturn, Pluto conjunction all square Gann’s natal Saturn. They would have argued all the time and that’s why John discredited his father. His son used to sit in Gann’s office making paper planes and tossing them out the window. Therefore, Gann didn’t believe his son warranted receiving the knowledge he had gained over 50 years of researching, therefore all the knowledge went to his grave except for the small amount he passed on through coded works."

#15     Sep 15, 2004
  6. #16     Sep 15, 2004
  7. ...about Gann, then you should become competent with heliocentric and geocentric astrology. THEN, get his courses.

That should be all you will need.

Regards
    Oddi

#17     Jul 17, 2005
  8. mokwit

mokwit

Having watched how markets behave around Gann dates there is no doubt in my mind that there is something there - I don't think Gann is widely enough followed for it to be a purely self fulfilling prophecy. If you read Truth of The Stock Tape it is obvious that Gann's knowledge came first hand - he offers very specific tips on playing manipulated stocks for example. As for the astrological stuff, it makes sense, just think where the term 'luncay' is derived from.

The point about Gann paying for the upkeep of an office with a staff of chart updaters is the one I would have also made as itsuggests that he had money coming in - whether this was from literature or trading could be verified as he owned seats and trading done through it was for his own account.

My guess is that this has been done but the results were not as spectacular as the results quoted in the magazine article and would not have been in the interests of the Gann Legend industry. Maybe in later life Gann worked out that he could make a better or easier living selling courses - it has not escaped my notice that he (or more accurately perhaps) those peddling on his reputation are selling a key to unlock the market which is what all new traders are hoping to buy..........................

#18     Jul 17, 2005