Who is going to win the Derby?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Apr 30, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

2. nitro

nitro

Lion Heart would not have been caught on a fast track.

nitro :mad:

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, unreal. I can see we have about as much interest in the Kentucky Derby, one of the most popular sporting events in the world, as we do the Masters. LOL.

Seriously, outside of trading, what interests do you guys have?

4. nitro

nitro

I admit I am a "throw back" kind of guy - Baseball, Boxing and Horse Racing, both Throrougbred and Standardbred.

nitro

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Seriously, did anyone on ET besides me and Nitro watch the Kentucky Derby?

6. I saw it. And you're right, I'm surprised by the lack of general interest. Now take the Melbourne Cup for example - run on the first Tuesday in November in Melbourne, Australia. The nation literally stops when the race is on. No comparison.

7. nitro says....
    <i>Lion Heart would not have been caught on a fast track.
    </i>

respectfully, I disagree

now, I wish that Lion had held on ..... especially as I had him ontop of a whole bunch *(or as you are fond of saying ----- "in volume" ....ggg) of exactas, and even a couple of tris

I cashed a few tickets but not nearly enough to pay for the total amount ... (lost, that is what I did)

maverick says...
    <i>Seriously, outside of trading, what interests do you guys have?
    </i>

errrrrrr ... horse racing, computers, and fishing ... in that order

AND
    asks ....

<i>did anyone on ET besides me and Nitro watch the Kentucky Derby?
    </i>

not only did I watch it on tv for nearly four hours .. I had it on a couple of monitors, so I didn't miss any of the action and, indeed did not lose my feed when the tv video went down on ESPN ...

had one monitor showing the potential exacta payoffs for nearly an hour preceding the race .. updated every min or so .....

on Lion ... had he held on ....
    I had multiple exactas and two tris, and had I wagered it <i>I DID NOT BET A SUPER of any kind</i>... would've had at least one super ......

after the race, I was completely worn out, for I felt as if I'd ridden Lion the entire race and was surely trying to help him hold on ..... ggggg

8. nitro

nitro

Yeah,

I really don't know. It might even be that he would have been passed by a bunch of horses as he is a front runner and it is harder to catch one in the mud.

However, I think he was in form, and the only real way to tell would have been to run the race on a fast track.

nitro