Who is going SHORT or LONG into the election tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 3, 2008.

1. I hope the transaction tax does not happen. But if it does, market efficiency will drop due to reduced liquidity. Either new trading opportunities will emerge or old ones becomes more viable to compensate the tax penalty. Theoreticall it should be a wash though I can't prove it.

#61     Nov 6, 2008
  2. I hope the transaction tax does not happen. But if it does, market efficiency will drop due to reduced liquidity. Either new trading opportunities will emerge or old ones becomes more viable to compensate the tax penalty. Theoreticall it should be a wash though I can't prove it.

#62     Nov 6, 2008
  3. that sounds pretty scary....capitulation on a Grand Scale. Do you think it would be the firms going bust that would create the capitulation and not the other way around.

Looks like we got some buying at the end of the day. Wonder if we will get some follow through next week.

#63     Nov 8, 2008
  4. Well the post election market blowout continues......I just covered 17% of my Rydex 200% Inverse S&P500 position as the ES trades here at 867.00 ....still holding 50% of my Rydex position for any additional downside move. New leg lower looking very very probable going forward.....hang on! :D

#64     Nov 12, 2008

5. If we have a Blow out below the previous lows......will you be looking to initiate some longer term long positions? Of course, given that we are in a Severe Bear trend, might as well just fade every rally.

Early next week should be interesting given fridays close :eek:

#65     Nov 15, 2008