Who is down money since they started trading?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sky123987, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Retort at will jonlittle04, then I'll just play smashface. :cool:

You give the apperance of coming on the board and wanting to learn how to trade, or something, to put things on a positive note, stick to that.

Later,

#31     Aug 10, 2008
  2. haha I don't really come on ET to learn, like I said there is other places for that. Not that I don't learn here, just that its more fun to get into random arguments about stupid shit. But it is fun here.

#32     Aug 10, 2008
  3. I guess ET wouldnt be the best place for trading education but hey... you cant know too much. at the least, i get to see what others do wrong and try and not to do those mistakes. most of the time those mistakes I read about are the same ones I make...

#33     Aug 10, 2008
  4. You are doing damn well, IMHO.

I didn't start trading until I was about 40 (10 years ago). But then, I was able to start with a nice sized account...

Good trading to all.

#34     Aug 10, 2008
  5. Man you're a bitter loser. I don't think trading is right for you. Your attitude is shit.

Why are you even on ET anyways?

#35     Aug 10, 2008
  6. I still regret not taking that gold trade with you lol.

#36     Aug 10, 2008
  7. Specterx

Specterx

I am down $23,567.65 since I started trading a little over 7 months ago. $13k of that was a one-day hit back in March. It's been about 3 months since I've traded with real money. Not quite profitable in the sim yet, but light-years ahead of where I was in those days...

#37     Aug 10, 2008
  8. Good luck Specterx and Staffpro,

And anyone else trying to turn pro in this most difficult of professions.

And don't let an idiot like mandrillbreath, a decrepit, angry, jealous person influence your attempts to learn to trade.

In our trading room every day our members slap losers like mandrillbreath, sudso and suzie the pig and their negative fear of the markets.

Their logic goes something like this:

We are losers. If anyone thinks they can make money trading they must be doing something wrong or are snake oil salesman.

That logic would carry over into the Olympics. Because mandrill can not run 100 meters under 10 seconds no one else can.

It took me 4 years to become consistently profitable. A number of paper traders on this site derided that, saying I was pretty dumb since I could not succeed faster. In the same breath they say I am a snake oil salesman.

Doesn't make sense. Which is it? If I was hyping something, wouldn't I suggest I found some kind of "holy grail" trading system that made money the first month of use and never loses?

The truth is that trading edges are easy to find, and immensely difficult to put into practice.

Your biggest battle will be with yourself. Very few people on ET will admit that. That is the sad fact.

But at the same time that is a great thing to know.

You will make money off the panic of others. There are always new, inexperienced, undercapitalized newbies entering the markets. You will take money from them eventually, not the pros.

Keep up the good effort.

And let's wait for the whackos to come out of the woodwork.

Anything intelligent to add mandrilbreath or sudsie and suzie?

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)

PS. Every professional trader I know looks at % return as a benchmark and not dollars. If some of you lose $2,000 in a day that can be a disaster. There are days that Lewis Borsellino has lost over a Million and that does not reach his 2% criteria to stop trading.

#38     Aug 10, 2008
  9. This guy doesn't even know that the NQ has three times the volume that the YM does and it's tick size is $20 a point, not $25.

So much for professionaliasm.

He's the biggest loser of all ... he never did figure-out how to be profitable so he put together a snake oil trading room.

P.S. Please don't tell us how professional traders measure their success, no one here believes you actually know.

#39     Aug 12, 2008
  10. ssss

ssss

This guy doesn't even know that the NQ has three times the volume that the YM does and it's tick size is $20 a point, not $25.

So much for professionaliasm.
    #######################

He possibly sell adv. material succesfully...

P.S. Author is not loose money and can not loss ,as play only with price money ,which won by public paper money trader contest's without entry charge

But huge amount of loosed time ...

As in each kind of person hobby .

Retail have not any advantage .Great win is rare ( by 1 from 50000 retail operator possible 200k $ -1 mln $ )
    and full depend from game theory .

Movement in direction of lotto

Your respectfully

#40     Aug 12, 2008