Who is down money since they started trading?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sky123987, Aug 10, 2008.

1. yes but i started this year i have less than one year experience, there are millions of people with more experience than me. experience is key, even in these 6 months i have learned so much, i cannot imagine how much i will learn in the next 10+ years

#21     Aug 10, 2008
  2. neke

neke

Hope to see you in 10+ years time. A lot of people burn out and give up in a year or two. Remember, it is not so much what you will learn in 10 years as what you are going to keep re-learning

#22     Aug 10, 2008
  3. staffpro,

Keep a journal. Document every trade. Learn what works and what doesn't from your winning and losing trades. Also, please take the advice given to you on the 100k thread regarding risk etc.

Good luck, you can do it.

#23     Aug 10, 2008
  4. You can absolutely do it. Just be the best.Period.
    Not the best teenager, your age doesn't matter. You can do it whether you're 14 or 55 if you have the will.

#24     Aug 10, 2008
  5. :D

Funny.

Goodluck kid! Trading is difficult and frustrating, keep your focus and be diligent in your studying.

I'm down this year, but haven't traded much. 53% last year

#25     Aug 10, 2008
  6. once again a thread on ET has turned into a "my dick is bigger than yours" contest.

lol

#26     Aug 10, 2008

7. lol that's what its for. If one wanted to learn about trading..well thats another place.

#27     Aug 10, 2008
  8. My apologies Mr. BSD.

I didn't realize that I was arguing with a paper trader who can't tell an uptrend from a downtrend, doesn't have a system in place, can't get himself to trade even on BIG TREND DAYS (not that you would know what they look like), and doesn't even know how to calculate commissions correctly.

jonlittle04's journal :p

LOL, you really stepped in shit today, now didn't you?

I don't know what you're even doing on this thread (LOL), but since you're pretty much talking out your ass, it's only appropriate that you should be on the receiving end of one of your own comments ... here you go.

LOL this place. :D :D :D

P.S. NasdaqPlayer, ggoyal, staffpro and anyone else with a "lick of common sense" ... please ignore this troll. :eek:

#28     Aug 10, 2008

9. "retarted?" haha. ok. For some reason your post reminds me of when I read the comments on youtube videos. Maybe its the 8th grade level writing. As for my name, yea I could have put it to make you "run and hide", or my first name could be Jon and my last name could be "Big" or some variation of the word Big...which is actually the case. So basically my name screen name is just a shortened version of my real name with 04 being the year I created it. Wow how ostentatious of me..are you scared yet?

As for my comments, yea, I was being a prick. Big deal. As for the reasons "unknown to you", that's because of 2 reasons: 1 you're an idiot who can't see anything beyond the obvious, and 2 you've never been in the position he is in right now. I will explain it in small words for you, ok "player"? He's proud of himself for venturing into a field that is pretty much unknown to all his peers. And he should be. He knows by now most traders fail and the odds are stacked against him even more being so young. So he's out to prove something. Not just to us and other people, but to himself. We all do that, I'm not picking on him. In trading you are defined by your profit. He probably knows what these hedgies are making in returns and wonders if one day he could do the same. So he starts trading and relatively quickly puts up a 15% return. 15%?! Hedgies only average what around 20%? Automatically he makes the connection between his ability to generate double digit returns and professional managers averaging the same returns. So it looks something like this "18 year old prodigy puts up double digit returns in a matter of weeks". When the fact is that, like I said, percent of a couple thousand is a much different ball game that percents of a couple hundred million.

What he was doing when he posted that is something we all do, especially us young ones. He was searching for some person to come out and say "Holy shit, you are doing awesome, I wish I could have done that when I was your age". He may or may not deny it, but that's the reaction he was looking for. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have posted at all, or posted something like "I'm up $2,000 so far", which sounds much less cool and is much less likely to evoke the response I'm sure he was looking for.

He may or may not have meant to do that, but we young ones are all searching for a little validity. The thing is we don't get it. We won't get until we start actually doing something worth while, putting up great results. I was bursting his bubble because the quicker he learns that, the quicker he will progress I think.

ok douchbag? It goes a little beyond me "picking on the new guy". I was serving his best interests, you were just being some guy running his mouth.

I want to make clear again, I'm not picking on him I DO THE SAME THING, but its just not in our best interests.

#29     Aug 10, 2008

10. lol well placed jabs, I have to admit. Geeze I make one asshole comment....i dont remember anyone defending me from assholes like the place has turned me into....

by the way, you and I know I could retort, but Ill give you this one haha

#30     Aug 10, 2008