Who is down money since they started trading?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sky123987, Aug 10, 2008.

1. my point was that percentages are arbitrary. example, 15% on 10k and no one is going to care. 15% on $25 million and you will get all kinds of attention.

#11     Aug 10, 2008
  2. one more thing: don't use the fact that your 18 as a crutch. There aren't any extra points for being young. If you are going to do something and succeed you have to be better than all the other 18 year olds and all the 35 and 65 year olds. Period. Your age doesn't matter, only what you do. Just some advice from somebody who's been there, and not that long ago.

#12     Aug 10, 2008

3. geez be nice to the kid, don't take your anger out on him cause you haven't gotten laid in like 15 years

#13     Aug 10, 2008
  4. 15 years ago, I was 5. He can take it as me just being an asshole if he wants. Fine with me. I started my first company when I was 18 and I too thought people would woo over the fact that I was 18. Just like he used his age in every post, I would often follow everything with, "but I just turned 18". What I learned was that if your going to be competitive and take money other people could be making you have to work harder and be BETTER at whatever it is you're doing. This isn't high school and their are no points for effort or being wittle. Your age doesn't mean crap.

#14     Aug 10, 2008
  5. Not true.

His age means a lot.

If he can just manage his risk and continue to focus on learning, he will be so far ahead of the curve it isn't funny.

After which he'll just have to enter his positions and let mr. market give'em what he wants to.

#15     Aug 10, 2008

6. The curve is a little different than you think it is. There are shit loads of us 18-22 year olds trading. Anyways, my point is the market (and the world) doesn't care what his age is. Even if he does. Age has no impact on RESULTS. And, especially in trading, results are what matters. I know because, like I said, I've been there 10 fold.

#16     Aug 10, 2008
  7. The younger age gives you the time that you need to work through the difficult spots, develop your edge, and become a proficient trader.

I don't expect you to agree with me since you are 20 years old and know everything, but this is true.

#17     Aug 10, 2008
  8. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

I am up 1.5% in 2 weeks
    That means I make 36% a year

#18     Aug 10, 2008

9. We do have more time, so in that sense you are right. We have more room for error I guess you could say. Providing you stick with it. Which won't happen if you're, whether you know it or not, expecting some kind of different results or reactions because of your age. This is a lesson that I had to learn. It's a lesson any young person attempting to compete in a world full of 40 somethings has to learn. If you've never been there I woulndt expect you to understand even though you are 40 and know everything :)

#19     Aug 10, 2008
  10. lost over 90k in my first year trading. still having trouble 3 yrs later.

#20     Aug 10, 2008