Who Is Don Bright?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dodobird4545, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

but those commissions come from TRADING, so technically you stand corrected...:D

#51     Aug 5, 2009
  2. GGSAE

GGSAE

Dude what is your problem? Do you have alerts sent to your phone whenever Don posts in a thread so you can quickly reply about commissions? We get the point...

#52     Aug 5, 2009
  3. GGSAE

GGSAE

I think you're being a tad short-sighted, no? You probably underestimated the scope of the learning curve in this business, whatever the vehicle is, it takes time. And if someone wasn't upfront with you about that from the beginning i'm sorry. If you thought you were gonna 'kill it' out of the gates then you have no one to blame but yourself.

*Edit hey Don can you shave off my rate a tad for dealing with these guys? :p

#53     Aug 5, 2009
  4. "Shave your nads?"

What kind of shop is this? Anyway????

#54     Aug 5, 2009
  5. Jachyra

Jachyra

Of course their commissions are higher than the industry standard... the "industry standard" includes just the cost of execution and clearing and their commissions include a premium for the use of capital... thats like complaining about being charged interest for taking out a loan from a bank. Would it make you happier if they had cheaper commissions and just charged you pro-rated interest by the minute for the capital you're using? Pretty sure that would not work out better for anyone.

And I can already predict your lame response... "I meant industry standard for prop trading firms" ... well look around... most of those places are either shutting down left and right or are being shut down by regulators. Most of those places aren't structured properly to withstand exchange and regulator scrutiny... most of those places don't have a highly qualified compliance officer who used to work for an actual exchange.. most of those places don't have traders that have been with them for 20+ years... and most of those places you can't go to sleep at night knowing without a shadow of a doubt that your withdrawal requests will be processed promptly and that your capital contribution will be returned anytime you want to call it quits.

So yah... they charge more... and what do you get for that... staying power -- a strong firm that is always on the right side of the laws and regulations... they've been around for 20+ years... not too many places that can say that... and almost no other place can claim that they have traders who still trade with them to this very day who have been with them since their doors opened (unless their doors opened a few years ago).

I don't even trade at Bright and I can see through your bashing.

#55     Aug 5, 2009
  6. GGSAE

GGSAE

Haha that reminds me of a chat i had with a trader years...trading from home one day i was bored and tried my gf's Nair on my chest hair...I told my buddy trading in the vegas office he should do the same, sit down and trade like nothing out of the ordinary...

#56     Aug 5, 2009
  7. Jachyra

Jachyra

Are you aware that the stuff you say doesn't even make any sense or does it make sense in your own head? I was almost ready to respond until I got to your 3rd error (or lie, I have no idea) and 4th contradiction of your own words... and then I realized... ahhhh, another one of those failed traders who has an axe to grind... either that or you're too inexperienced to know better.

Good luck with your "trading" (although I'm sure you're probably the only one who calls it that)

#57     Aug 6, 2009
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

They charge multiples of industry average and have been around for multiples of industry average as well... that in and of itself speaks highly of such a firm.....

#58     Aug 6, 2009
  9. Echotrade has been around for some time, what do they charge in comparison with Bright ?

#59     Aug 6, 2009
  10. No one trading 4 million a month at bright pays .008. You get your rate based on volume.

#60     Aug 6, 2009