Who Is Don Bright?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dodobird4545, Aug 3, 2009.

1. :D :D :D

#21     Aug 4, 2009
  2. If the pillsbury doughboy DB would stop eating pizza and burgers he could be that guys twin.

#22     Aug 4, 2009
  3. Don Bright pulled me out of Lake Michigan after a boating accident some summers back...

#23     Aug 4, 2009
  4. Whoaaaa. Care to share the details?

#24     Aug 4, 2009
  5. I don't always trade stocks, but when I do, I prefer SPX ... stay thirsty my friend

#25     Aug 4, 2009
  6. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

I don't think Don should take all the heat he gets on this board, it is very nice that someone in his position is so active here thoughtfully answering questions from newbies about prop trading and such. So he pumps his own firm, there's nothing wrong with that, no one can expect anyone to pump someone else's firm, perfectly fine thing to do.

So many of the threads here these days in the other forums by page 2 have turned ino a political yelling match by idiots that have nothing to do with trading or the markets at all. I have always been glad Don has been active on these boards to keep things in the prop forum focused on trading and informing people about the business. I think for new traders especially Bright offers a good entry into the prop trading world and enjoy Don's posts, they are certainly better than all the whackos that post crap all day about politics. Keep it up Don, here's to Don 20,000! :D

#26     Aug 4, 2009
  7. Aw, geez...I'm blushing..thanks everyone.

Don :)

#27     Aug 4, 2009
  8. mxjones

mxjones

Who is Don Bright? I'll tell you who Don Bright is - he is the man that saved my life in Nam. Carried me 12 miles on his back, up a hill, to the chopper.

#28     Aug 4, 2009
  9. My God they were such Dinosaurs in 1997-98 when things were flying 30-50 points a day. I had a live INCA order stuck from their/SLK downed POS RediPlus software at the time and Eddie Franco actually told me over the phone not to worry about it that he was flying his little plane out "in a couple of days to upgrade the software and that would take care of it." The guy seemed totally clueless/indifferent that I needed an execution RIGHT F**KING NOW!

The screaming/teaching phone call that unused I believe led to eddie blowing out the Company to Bob.

#29     Aug 4, 2009
  10. Hey still use CRT monitors and keyboards from the 80s. It's a low budget operation but it works!

#30     Aug 4, 2009