Who is behind the Iran protests?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Tresor

Tresor

If it's well known, then please me and post some info. So far you did not back your claims with any proof.

Left-wing??? Obama maniacs??? Who are you refering to?

#31     Jun 23, 2009

2. You never of Hezbollah? Get a clue dude.

#32     Jun 23, 2009
  3. Tresor

Tresor

What about Hezbollah? It emerged as a result of Israel invasion of Lebanon. Hezbollah kills CIA agents, CIA reciprocates. Israel kills Hezbollah agents, Hezbollah reciprocates.

Sick people fight the other sick people.

Any terrorist act by Hezbollah should be condemned, so should any terrorist act by US or by any other organization / country.

5 countries perceive Hezbollah as a terrorist organization, the rest of the world does not. What does it prove? And how does Hezbollah fit in your picture? I still can't see your point.

#33     Jun 23, 2009
  4. So is there a link between Hezbollah and Iran? huh?

Man, when confronted by the ignorance of the Obama legions it is truely scary how uninformed they are.

#34     Jun 23, 2009
  5. Tresor

Tresor

Let me think what kind of link you might have in your mind :confused: Hezbollah is financed by people from Iran - no doubt about it. Hezbollah has supporters the whole world over. It is also financed by US citizens. I wouldn't be surprised if you found financial supporters of Hezbollah among citizens of such exotic countries like Papua New Guinea. But I guess this is not he kind of link you were trying to find. Do us a favour and tell us this link. I can't wait.

You mentioned Obama twice. What do Obama's supporters or opponents have to do with this case? Just curious.

#35     Jun 23, 2009
  6. Cannot stand it when Iranian citizens try to

rise up against a conservative Islamic ruling

party, who fixes elections and tries to put

down their own people, can you? And

banning foreign reporters, blaming

other governments, banning internal

reformist news sources, etc.

Islamic regimes only work well when you

quell the moderates, even by force

Why don't you move there and take some

target practice against some of the

100,000s of protestors???

#36     Jun 23, 2009
  7. You are not too informed are you. The fact of the matter is, Hezbollah is not supported by governments all over the world. It is however, supported by the government of Iran.

"Hezbollah [Arab.,=Party of God], Lebanese Shiite political party and militia. Founded in 1982 with Iranian help to oppose Israeli forces occupying S Lebanon, Hezbollah launched guerrilla attacks and suicide bombings against Israeli forces (which were a factor in Israel's withdrawal in 2000), and mounted terror attacks on other targets inside and outside Lebanon, include the 1983 bombing of a U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut. With strong support among religious, comparatively poor Shiites in S Lebanon the Biqa (Bekaa) valley, and Beirut's southern suburbs, and underwritten financially by Iran and individual Shiites, Hezbollah established a Shiite social-services network, including schools, hospitals, and clinics, and emerged as a major Lebanese political force; it has been led since 1992 by Hassan Nasrallah, a charismatic Shiite cleric. Supported militarily by Iran and Syria, Hezbollah's fighters used the years after Israel's withdrawal to retrain and rearm, acquiring large numbers of missiles and sophisticated equipment.
    Politically part of the pro-Syrian camp in Lebanon, the party nonetheless became part of the largely anti-Syrian government established in 2005, and resisted the government's and the United Nations' call that it disarm. In 2006 a cross-border Hezbollah attack on Israeli soldiers, in which two Israelis were captured, sparked warfare (July–August) between Hezbollah militia and Israeli forces in which Hezbollah launched hundreds of missiles at Israel (many at civilian targets) and maintained a stubborn resistance against the Israeli forces that invaded S Lebanon. Hezbollah emerged from the fighting, which it regarded as a victory, determined to claim a larger political voice in the Lebanese government."

#37     Jun 23, 2009
  8. Tresor

Tresor

Rest assured I am well informed on Middle East.

Do me a favour and make a research not only in wikipedia. Tell me how Iran militarily supported Hezbollah.

#38     Jun 23, 2009
  9. Sorry pal, I do whats quick on here. Wikipedia has a vast amount of info that is quickly accessed.

If you don't know that Iran supports Hezbollah then it appears you are not very well informed on the Middle East.

#39     Jun 24, 2009
  10. Tresor

Tresor

Please do me a favour and re-read my original post with which you have been arguing for the last few days:

Correct me if I am wrong: for more than 300 years Iran was not involved in any war / military conflict that Iran started. In fact this is a very defensive country.

Disregrading whether your arguments were true or not, they did not tackle the issue. Your arguments in no way prove my point wrong.

Iran did not start Israeli-Lebanese conflict. I am sorry to say you were off-topic.

Regards

#40     Jun 24, 2009