Who is a professional daytrader in this forum?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kickboxers, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I'm one of the best pro's on collective2, and I wouldn't even try to touch that number. So, a pro makes 1.05^252-1 (218625.7836)% APR goals are equivalent to risking everything in the account as well as your family's mortgage and any other material possessions you might be fortunate enough to own. That's not how a pro does it. This is not a feasible investment objective. Go play roulette.

I think 50k trying for $500/day is enough.

#31     Jul 23, 2008
  2. No offense, but this is weak.

#32     Jul 23, 2008
  3. jd7419

jd7419

I think a pros account size should be under $2000. Anybody with an increasing account size and a want to use that capital is clearly an idiot.

#33     Jul 23, 2008
  4. I guess if you're willing to trade options and leveraged futures it might be. 1%/day is perfectly reasonable.

I also heard living on 1% per month is how you get by as a daytrader or someone living off the interest or returns of their investments.

#34     Jul 23, 2008
  5. 1% a day is ridiculous. It'll happen but I'd be surprised if some did 1% a day for 2 months straight.

#35     Jul 23, 2008
  6. Open your mind, learn the instrument of your choice like the back of your hand (I mean every single fuckin detail that there is to know) and you'll see 1% a day is not only doable but not hard at all.

But....thats after you have learned the shit out of what you've chose to trade. Probably only like 4 people in 100 will ever even get close to the needed effort and time. But how is that any different than any other field really worth pursueing?

#36     Jul 23, 2008
  7. What is the point of this post? Half the crap I read on this site is pointless topics like this.

I come to this forum to become a better trader not to find out who is who!!

#37     Jul 23, 2008
  8. It's the truth -- you stop having the urge to post, because to give a true picture of what a successful trader can do, not many would believe. And you just stop caring enough to bother convincing others, what is the point really.

All one can say is that the reality of exceptional success is likely far greater than anything most here would dare to imagine. I see how much opportunity there is each day, I am still coming to grips with it, how much I "dare" to make -- you really only make as much as you feel you deserve.

I still come to browse ET each day, reading the struggles of mostly those who haven't figured something out yet, or others who are further along but still stuck in the same mindset as when they began, whether profitable or not. They don't realize that the place that they started looks nothing like where they want to be; so many dead-ends, so many red herrings. I am trading in ways I never could have conceived of 6 years ago when I first started posting here -- the kicker being, after all these years, I've yet to see anyone post something close to how I see things now. Obviously I cannot be the only one out there, so the only explanation is this: there is just no incentive to come to a site like this to spell it all out to everyone else. Makes sense, no?

#38     Jul 23, 2008
  9. 1% per day starting with a puny account would make you a billionaire in just a few years.

So much bullshit on this site.

#39     Jul 23, 2008
  10. It is dumb posts like this that make me shake my head and roll my eyes.

Go "pro" dude with your 10k, I am waiting for your dough.

Thanks.

#40     Jul 23, 2008