Who is a professional daytrader in this forum?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kickboxers, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Szeven used to have 1/20 losing days, but I am guessing he uses more buying power than 40K. This pretty much disqualifies him even though he made 1M in 2007.

#11     Jul 23, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

No draw downs uh?

Hell, I wish someone would have told me that 20 years ago.

I'd be done by now.

#12     Jul 23, 2008
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

A PGA tour pro should make 20 cuts in a row, make 50 3 foot putts before a miss, never miss a fairway, ...

An NBA player should make 20 FT's in a row, score 20 or more points for 30 consecutive games, hit 5 3 pointers without a miss, ...

A MLB player should have 20 consecutive hits, win every game for 2 weeks straight, never strike out, ....

Yes, this is what "pros" are all about.

Get a clue OP -- no one is perfect. We all lose from time to time, athletes, traders, anyone.

Per you definition I'm not a professional trader -- never mind it's been my only source of income for the past 12 1/2 years.

#13     Jul 23, 2008
  4. olias

olias

well said.

#14     Jul 23, 2008
  5. eagle

eagle

You're in the danger zone since you give a strictly personal definition of a professional trader and hope that the general public will accept it. It's like you give your own opinion about the market and hope the market as a whole will act the same way as your view. As you can see the reactions along this thread. Think about it.

#15     Jul 23, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

Just ignore this putz!

#16     Jul 23, 2008
  7. While that type of consistency would be admirable it just isn't going to happen in anyone's real account ... simply because the markets do not move like that, and the fear & greed factors don't play out as easily and simply either.

But if one could trade like that, the appropriate amount to bank would be more like $4k to $5k a day.

#17     Jul 23, 2008
  8. Brethren, kowtow to Chuck Norris!

Time to revisit this thread: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=127184

"Chuck Norris doesn't predict the price of oil.
    Oil just does whatever the fuck Chuck Norris says!"

"Chuck doesn't trade with the trends. Trends follow his trades..."

"Chuck Norris can buy the bid, sell the ask and kick your face twice in the mean time"

etc etc :D

#18     Jul 23, 2008
  9. high99

high99

We have a winner!!! This site is for amusement purposes only.

#19     Jul 23, 2008
  10. promagma

promagma

Seriously. A real pro wouldn't be playing with 10k for long.

#20     Jul 23, 2008