Who is a bigger threat to our Freedom? Al-Qaeda or Liberals?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

Ahhh i get it now, equality of outcome. So i should give up half my six figure income when i bust my ass for 12 hours a day to trade for a living so that some drug addict on the street can make the same? How about you start by cutting a cheque to a homeless person for half your income this month, afterall that would be fair right?

You really think i am going to continue busting my ass for 12 hours a day when someone else gets 60% and i can just take the other 40% of someone elses? Perhaps i should give away half my trading profits every day to the people on this site who are consistent losers, perhaps that would be more fair. Please clear this up i dont understand what your intentions are.

#11     Mar 2, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I was forced to ditch home when i was 16, and I earned a living and finished highschool, I then made enough money to put myself through college (half of it anyways) before i dropped out to trade for a living because i was making good money at it, dont tell me that people who work hard can not make money in this country based on conditions, there are plenty of social programs in place already to take care of any of the supposed social injustices you believe in, the difference is some people are willing to work when it happens to them, and others turn to make themselves into victims when it happens to them. It is the same difference between people willing to work, and people not willing to work.

#12     Mar 2, 2010
  3. Right, and all of the 10% unemployed are unwilling to work or were paid a living wage. The 75 year old who has to choose between heating her home and paying for her meds should pick herself up by her bootstraps or go back in time and redo her life.

#13     Mar 2, 2010
  4. Hello

Hello

They made irresponsible choices early on in life to not leave themselves in a position with money when they were old.

Ok i will tell you what, here is what i am willing to do to prove how full of shit you are, if you give away 75% of your income for the next 3 months, i will give away 20k to a charity of your choice. There is only one catch, because i am highly suspicious that any of the liberals on this site even draw a taxable income. 75% of your income must equal half of what I am willing to give away, or else you must come up with 10k. We will make a deal with the mods of this site, and put the money into escrow.

If you can provide me irrefutable proof you donated 10k of your income, or even that 75% of your income over 3 months would equal 10k i will gladly donate 20k to a charity of your choice.

the fact of the matter is that I have given plenty of money to charity, last year I gave close to 12k(I do not want to appear like i think of myself as a hero over this, as it was really only about 5 out of my pocket and 7 id rather not piss away on government), but i am very specific, i go to the highschool teacher who inspired me when i was young and i tell her to find people who are hurting for money, but who at the same time are working hard, and trying to earn a living, that is my only criteria, I specifically tell her i do not want to give. to deadbeats, alcoholics drug addicts, or lazy people. I have no interest in giving money based on the current Taxation system, and if you want to call me out on this, i will once again provide you irrefutable proof, provided that you start the cycle. I have no desire to out myself publicly, but i can show you irrefutable proof if you take the first step.

Ball is now in your court.

#14     Mar 3, 2010
  5. Same old arguments. I'm watching Charlie Rose now. See ya.

#15     Mar 3, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

In other words, you are willing to give away MY INCOME but not your own, yeah you are a real martyr, a true hero for the liberal cause!

Take the bet, I guarantee that the proof i can provide is completely irrefutable, it is a picture in a newspaper, so I can not imagine you can exactly call me out on it. Donate 10k, I will do 20k, with irrefutable evidence.

#16     Mar 3, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Aside from the wager, it's standard tabula rasa thinking.

#17     Mar 3, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

You dont have to be smart, but you have to have work ethic, as previously stated, i have no problem helping people who work hard, I have a HUGE problem giving money to government, i would estimate that somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 cents on the dollar actually makes it to people truly in need when the government taxes you. Why is it that most of these supposed advocates of justice for all are drawing a government salary which is twice as high as the free market salary, will you actually argue that the government asshole at the DMV is working twice as hard as the person flipping burgers at mcdonalds, one guy makes 10 dollars an hour, the other guy makes 60k a year plus benefits..... hmmmmmmmm lets see where it all went wrong....

#18     Mar 3, 2010
  9. Hello

Hello

You know what, I actually like you Ricter, I think you are somewhat of a decent guy, and you actually present a valid argument alot of the time based on your opinions. (plus you are a liberal in alberta which must be a real bitch) I just do not see how you dont see the holes in certain ways of thinking which liberals have produced. I am more than willing to admit flaw in the republican party on certain issues, such as wasted money on war, phone tapping, hypocrisy with spending, etc.... but i guess i probably can never prove to you that some of these left wing policies are flat out wrong. So i may as well give up trying.... Sorry if i come across as brash at times, but there are certain things which are going on in todays society which are sooo illogical it actually makes me angry. I apologise if i have made blanket statements about you, as i despise these about myself, and i feel that you are actually one of the smart ones.

#19     Mar 3, 2010
  10. I think of the left and the right as two different groups of people in a small boat. All of a sudden, the left sees a bunch of people in the water and says "we have to save them" Then all the left rush over to the left side of the boat and try to tell the right they need their help to pull these people in. The right dont want to go to the left side of the boat because the know the boat will tip over and flip upside down and they will all be in the water. So the left just calls the right heartless a-holes who dont care about anything but themselves. But the truth is, the right are trying to save everyone in the boat and know that there are a few in the water that they just cant save without killing everyone else.

Its like the lifeboats on the titanic. The people knew they couldnt save the people that were already in the water. There were too many. Sure they could've tried, but the people in the water would've pulled them them all down and there would've been no survivors. Just because its noble to help someone doesnt mean its the right thing to do. If helping one person harms 10, maybe you shouldnt help that one person. Yeah it sucks if you are that one person and you feel bad for them, but you cant sacrifice the good of the many for the good of the one(especially if the one will still end up dead)

#20     Mar 3, 2010