Who here trades index futures for a living?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Daal, May 15, 2013.

1. ggsn1

ggsn1

Just my two cents. I've been profitable day trading options for 19 months now and have met lots of traders as friends in the last few years in San Francisco and Chicago and have yet to find more than 1 person who can make a living trading eminis or the mini dow. I don't see where the edge is.

#31     Aug 2, 2013
  2. horton

horton

Thanks very much. I asked about Wins and Losses in terms of ticks to get a feel for style. Are you in and out several times a day or just taking one or two setups per day in each instrument as warranted?

#32     Aug 2, 2013
  3. toucan

toucan

Horton....

I daytrade so I am in/out several times each day.

I trade what moves, so I tend to trade indexes in a group, euro,canadian dollar, swiss franc and british pound as a group, aussie dollar, new zealand dollar and yen as a group.... mexican peso, crude, natural gas, gold and copper each separately.

So, often if one symbol in a group moves, others in that group will move, so I trade more in that group.

Also... I mostly trade currencies from the futures open until the nyse opens and then switch to indexes. I trade crude, natural gas, gold and copper when ever they move.

So far today, I have taken 8 currency trades, 5 index trades and 2 other symbol trades.

Hope that helps

toucan

#33     Aug 2, 2013
    Ghost_of_Blotto likes this.
  4. So many people are offering help , what a friendly board:D

#34     Aug 2, 2013
  5. Elektrode

Elektrode

Does anyone actually trade Futures for a living?

#35     Aug 12, 2013
  6. What kind of chart or indicators you use?
    Very impressed for your win/loss performance...
    Very good for reference,, "trade currencies from the futures open until the nyse opens and then switch to indexes"...
    Is it possible to post some video for your trading...
    Thanks so much for yr sharing.

-Steel

#36     Sep 8, 2013
  7. toucan

toucan

Steel.... I will see what I can do after trading tomorrow.

toucan

#37     Sep 8, 2013
  8. Hi ggsn1,

Are you a directional trader, or a vol trader... with options, it's either correct direction or correct volatility that makes money...

Walt

#38     Sep 9, 2013
  9. What's the difference between day trading ES and options?

Where is the 'edge' in day trading options VS ES?

Thanks.

#39     Sep 9, 2013
  10. Whoa, I'm subscribing to this thread! Everyone's making $$$.

#40     Sep 9, 2013