who here had a tough day today ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by executioner, May 30, 2007.

1. Made my 1st target, then lost it all, then made it back on a hail mary near the end of the day, and that is bad a way to trade. Poor risk management, taking profits too soon, etc. ... traded in a way that does not contribute to long-term success, and I could have just as easily gotten killed (might have been a better lesson in the long run). Happy I survived, but disgusted with my trading performance.

Furthermore, it makes me ill to see days like this where the ES climbed almost 20 points from open to close, and I slaved my ass off for a freakin' sliver of it.

Anyway, cheer up guys, more opportunities tomorrow.

#11     May 30, 2007
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

how about when it keep going down, will you try to fish the bottom, on trend day just about any MA will provide S/R.

#12     May 30, 2007
  3. Very easy day. All my stocks went up.

#13     May 30, 2007
  4. fubar

fubar

FOMC days are always a little flippy

#14     May 30, 2007
  5. Try this forum...elitebagholders.com

It seems more appropriate for you.

#15     May 30, 2007
  6. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i had a 17 day winning streak on ES end today.

at point i recovered most my losses and then got sloppy/greedy and entered poorly and lost more.

tough day but having a great month though....so far one of my best on ES.

#16     May 30, 2007
  7. Trading against machines is tough. When only the machines are left to trade against each other then watch out....ka boom!

#17     May 30, 2007
  8. That would apply only if I were losing money on my stocks which I am not.

#18     May 30, 2007
  9. ten trades 8 modest winners 1 modest loser 1 medium loser so my equity curve faced up but not as far as it could have. Plus ent to bed before the big afternoon squeeze which was probably lucky as I was shorting most of my trades and the only ones I lost on were longs!!

#19     May 30, 2007
  10. Terrible day thanks to Shangai to start my morning. Went heavy long after market closed yesterday, woke up t to see ES down 8 points.

Tried to short then got screwed!

Finally, went heavy long on ER2 and YM. Made back 70% of my losses. Still holding 3 ER2s.

This market is getting harder and harder to trade for me the past weeks or so with the big swings and reversals.

#20     May 30, 2007