Who here *doesn't* believe that Obama is doomed?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LodeRunner, Jun 15, 2008.

1. People who limit themselves to military targets are not terrorists.

That doesn't make them good people--witness the German navy, which (at first--prior to the British Q-boats) generally behaved "honorably" in battle. That doesn't mean one has to then respect the cause the German navy was fighting for.

People who insist on calling every single group of bad guys "terrorists" are just rendering the word more and more meaningless.

#41     Jun 17, 2008
  2. #42     Jun 17, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Obama is clear favourite.

Also, anyone without a position on at intrade/tradesports doesn't believe anything, they are just yapping. No bet = no opinion.

#43     Jun 17, 2008
  4. Yannis

Yannis

Jay Leno

"Responding to a recent poll about which of the two contenders for President of the United States they would vote for, come November,

73% of Americans voted "Yes" and
    27% of Americans voted "No"!!"

:) :) :)

#44     Jun 17, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Jay Leno Again

"This Sunday will be the "First Nude Bike Run Against Global Warning" ...

Let me tell you, this is one environmental demonstration you DO NOT want to get stuck behind Al Gore!!"

#45     Jun 17, 2008
  6. I'm still long 1500 Gore for dem nom and 1000 Gore as Prez.

I'm keeping the faith.

:)

Edit: I'm not pro-Gore I just thought Obama would implode and Gore would sneak in. Could still happen.

#46     Jun 17, 2008
  7. Yannis

Yannis

The Chicago Way? That's Not Change You Can Believe In ...
    From townhall.com

Sean Connery in the "Untouchables": "He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way. And that's how you get Capone." (1987)

Obama: "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." (Barack Obama, Remarks At Fundraiser, Philadelphia, PA, 6/14/08)

FLASHBACK: Obama: "I chose to run ... because I believed that Americans of every political stripe were hungry for a new kind of politics, a politics that focused not just on how to win but why we should, a politics that focused on those values and ideals that we held in common as Americans..." (Barack Obama, Remarks At Campaign Event, Des Moines, Iowa, 12/27/07)

#47     Jun 17, 2008
  8. Pretty tough to do since Gore just endorsed Obama.

#48     Jun 17, 2008
  9. Not if Obama can't run.......

In fact post endorsement it's now certain that Gore would be the prob nominee in case of an Obama demise.

#49     Jun 17, 2008
  10. What is the liquidity of intrade? Can you sink $3K in a McCain 08 contract and enter/exit the position with ease? Never tired it before.

#50     Jun 17, 2008