Who has the cheapest futures commissions, ans safe?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by alexandercho, Dec 3, 2010.

1. It is if they are still using the same clearing firm. As well, just becasue they are still around does not mean that problems have been fixed. As an example I used IB in the past, also awhile ago and my main problems were the incredible lack of customer service when something went wrong. From what I understand that hasn't changed, and that is major issue for me. Why can't a company that continues to be successful address common complaints and make them better. I would love to use IB for futures back up and my main equity trades, but I have no desire to deal with the incompetence they put in customer service ever again.

#31     Feb 9, 2011
  2. I never said they fixed there problems ... I, like you, have no idea either way.

In terms of IB you obviously believe you have more current information. In the case in question you clearly state your information is 5 - 7 years old.

Apples, oranges and maybe a grapefruit thrown in.

#32     Feb 9, 2011
  3. lakai

lakai

Semi-Frequent disconnect issues with their servers,
    on sundays they don't even have their servers up until an hour after the market is already open.

The biggest thing was about a trade where it was to cover a short position(close) in crude premarket at highs. Traded many times through the rest of the day and the next few days.

They counted that trade as an opening "long" position and left it open even though I traded multiple times and days after that order was filled. I Noticed that they left it as a open position the following week while crude is 4 bucks lower.

Spent many hours and weeks trying to get them to fix it but they insisted that there was no mistake. Making up all these bullshit excuses.

Apparently, you can be both "long" and "short" simultaneously under the same account according to them.

They very soon became the rudest mofo brokers I've ever spoken to as I kept pressing the issue.

Everyone here talks as if they are the best , which I am quite sure that 80% of those people never even had an account with them. From my experience they are the absolute worse broker I've ever dealt with. Taking legal action soon.

#33     Feb 27, 2011
  4. What platform do you use to trade with them? Thanks for sharing.

#34     Feb 27, 2011
  5. RobertG

RobertG

I highly suggest that when you guys choose a platform/broker, ask the following "What backend do you use to manage the risk and are my trades visible to you when I place them?" What you are looking for is a broker that has IMMEDIATE access to your trades on his end and he can see immediately your positions.

I am amazed how many brokers out there don't know if their customers are long/short or net/net. If you are being passed around, that means they have to get to a person that actually does have that risk system.

NOT all data providers give that access to their brokers, especially if they are small IBs.

#35     Mar 9, 2011
  6. CashKing

CashKing

Deep Discount Trading is excellent as well. Ask for Howard. You can't beat his rates if your a smaller trader. Plus he has a variety of platform/feed options.

#36     Mar 10, 2011
  7. RobertG

RobertG

I use www.optimusfutures.com and for the Rithmic stability is unparalleled. If you use the Rtrader you can actually see how long it took to send the order to the exchange, from there you can improve equipment, connectivity,etc.

I pay 2 per side all in.
    Are there any other guys using Rithmic? I would like to know if they use it on any platform.

RG

#37     Feb 10, 2012
  8. fred1

fred1

deepdiscounttrading.com is a good broker. howard lender does answer emails even at night. crossland is the clearing company.

#38     May 12, 2012
  9. I have Rithmic with two brokers and three platforms: Ninja, Sierra Charts and R/Trader. First class data. Works well on Sierra and Ninja and, of course, R/Trader as that is one of their house platforms.

#39     May 12, 2012
  10. bone

bone

I have always been curious as to why even retail oriented traders use an Introducing Broker and tolerate that additional haircut and trade routing - I have clients who seed accounts directly at FCMs like Crossland and Advantage with $25K. Just interested to hear that perspective.

#40     May 14, 2012