Who has the best Historical Tick Data?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by KZ Trading, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Discussed in several threads recently. If you feel like doing a good deed you could read thru them & summarize the info into one post.

#11     Oct 31, 2011
  2. Ok, but then do I need a paid Ninja Trader acct to access it?

Step 1 to connect to Kinetick is 'Start Ninja Trader'

kztd

#12     Nov 2, 2011
  3. No, there are no tricks ... it's FREE!

Why don't you take a few moments and try it?

#13     Nov 2, 2011
  4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

No you do not need a paid NinjaTrader account.

- Download NinjaTrader from our website and install
    - Follow instructions to connect http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Kinetick-Connection-Guide.php

It's completely free, indefinitely, no strings attached.

#14     Nov 3, 2011
  5. Is the free EOD download from Kinetick simply daily data or is it minute (or tick) data that is delivered EOD?

Can someone tell me Exactly what the data is -- how far back, one minute etc -- before I download Ninja and connect.

Thanks.

#15     Dec 29, 2011
  6. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

It is free daily data intraday (minute/tick) data delivered EOD.

Additional information can be found here - http://www.kinetick.com/end-of-day

#16     Dec 29, 2011
  7. Ray, thanks for the quick reply. Kinetick should really make that clear -- EOD minute/tick -- on the page you linked me to. It is a great offer and you and your partner should pump it IN DETAIL!!

What I take away from what you said is that both this EOD and Ninja are free while I test.

#17     Dec 29, 2011
  8. Mr_You

Mr_You

Just to clarify...

The free EOD data is available via the Kinetick connection. This does not include intra-day tick data.

The free intra-day tick data for FUTURES ONLY is available via Ninja Traders Download Replay Data utility menu option. This data is available for Market Replay only.

You can not use the intra-day replay data for historical backtesting. The only way to get free historical intra-day tick data for backtesting is to signup for a 30-day demo with Zen-Fire or another provider.

Please someone correct me with specifics if I'm wrong.

#18     Dec 29, 2011
  9. Thank you for your help, Mr_You. I have decided to purchase the EOD package from Kinetick for $50 per month that gives me 120 days of tick and two years of minute data. Additional thank to Ray.

#19     Dec 29, 2011
  10. #20     Jan 6, 2012