Who has MFE and MAE functions built in?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Crispy, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Crispy

Crispy

Long time no post...

MFE and MAE are metrics I used to manually track in excel. However, I dont have the time for that anymore. So, I need something plug and play into my IB account. Or even an FCM reco of a firm that tracks these in their software.

Thanks folks.

2. ninjatrader

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What are MFE and MAE?

4. maximal favorable excursion
    maximal adverse excursion

from entry of trade to exit

5. Overnight

Overnight

In all of my trading, I have never looked at MAE and MFE figures, aside from a cursory glance. They will not help my trading in any way. It's just a BS plugger to get folks to "oooh" and "ahhh" about a piece of software analysis.

I don't need to see how much I could have made or lost on each trade after I closed it at it's target. (I can see that by continuing to watch the market for a few minutes). That is a road to ruin, that idea.

"Wow! If I had not followed my rules, I could have made 30 more tics!"

"Wow! If I had not followed my rules, I could have lost 30 more tics!"

See? It is a pointless statistic. USELESS!

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

thank you.

7. AMibroker has it
    i get these results when i get my back testing reports on Amibroker, i use them to evaluate each trade to see if there is a common denominator or trait thats common among the losers and try to install a hard set rule to eliminate them, and if i find a rule i also make sure to measure how many winner it knocked out with it

8. Crispy

Crispy

Thanks Spectre

9. Crispy

Crispy

Oh good. I own amibroker. I guess I've never seen it because I don't write my systems on that. Excellent news thank you

I employ it similarly. I also design risk solely around certain averages and rolling wins/losses of the system.

10. u have to check the tab so that it shows up

#10     Jan 29, 2017