who has an option volume indicator for thinkorswim?

Discussion in 'Options' started by igorzivt, Nov 8, 2019.

1. igorzivt

igorzivt

can you share any indicators for analyzing the optional volume?

2. pmpsnp

pmpsnp

igorzivt likes this.
  3. You should be able to build a scan yourself fairly easily with the s/w. Are you just looking for abnormal volume?

Two things you could do. Plot a moving average and scan for abnormal above average volume.

The other would be to look for a volume spike over a span of time (say 2 weeks) or two months.

Everyone under the sun looks for abnormal volume so there should be plenty out there.

igorzivt likes this.
  4. igorzivt

igorzivt

I need this volume to be displayed on the price chart
    [​IMG]

5. Theres a configuration gear on the upper side of the chart window. In it you can select a box to show the volume subgraph in the options tab.

igorzivt likes this.
  6. igorzivt

igorzivt

thanks

athlonmank8 likes this.
  7. qlai

qlai

Since we're on the subject, is it possible to display options strikes as price levels on stock charts?

8. You mean horizontal lines on the chart with just the strikes on them? I'm a little confused.

One cool thing TOS does is, once you place an option order, TOS will post your order on the chart based on the theoretical price. Useful for putting an order inside of S/R levels.

Flynrider likes this.
  9. igorzivt

igorzivt

I need to see the trading volume of all participants in order to predict further movement based on this. horizontal or vertical volumes don't matter to me

10. level II quotes are displayed on the bottom of the chart. You can enable/disable it on the right side of the chart. Do you use level II for trading options?

EDIT oh I understand now. Yeah did the volume display on the chart for you properly?

#10     Nov 12, 2019