Who had and solved problem of fighting the trend?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 00009, Apr 19, 2006.

1. That sounds tasty! yum

#41     Apr 21, 2006
  2. Picking tops is the only thing that I feel comfortable doing. You just have to find a move that happens maybe only .5% of the time. Find out how many times that stock you are looking at has made that move in the last year. If "normal" then start small. Add every x factor up. Sooner or later the bitch will pop. If subject stock makes that move more then the median stock does add to exppansion factor and start smaller. It's mean reversion. It's a law of physics.

You just ain't being patient enough. Stocks can go a lot further then you think but the fact is that they all top sooner or later.

Tops happen because sooner or later people have to take profits. Stocks are like any other business. You have to sell to make money. Sell high buy low.

You just have to figure it out better.

No more comments by me on this. Better yet, just ignore me.

John

#42     Apr 21, 2006

3. I agree with this statement.

#43     Apr 21, 2006
  4. the chart is the goldmine......money management is required for weak systems and weaker system operators.....it should be default built into system.........mechanical 100%.........you can use if moving average lines.......anyone who says the lag doesn't know all ther is to know.....10 min chart or longer.......YM....emotions won't tolerate high percentage losses......even small ones ......even with money management......... causes lead paws syndrome......trailing stops are also for weaker systems.....macd stoch gann fib bollinger %r rsi on and on oscillators which quit on you when u need them the most.........on power runs...they lock overbought over sold...............find the system that tells you all u ever wanted to know about the market direction.........

#44     Apr 22, 2006
  5. if u think trend following is high risk..... please don't lay ur money on the line until you prove otherwise to yourself and u will se e how utterly incorrect that statement is.........totally........AND BY THE WAY COOLWEB U R MIMICING PORGIE SO STOP AND DESIST, NOW...........INTC TRADE DOING FANTASTIC....WIL L TAKE 500 OUT WHEN IT HIT S 15 BY SELLING THE 07 20 PUT........STILL BE NEAR BREAKEVEN.........CHA CHING........

#45     Apr 22, 2006
  6. Porgie,

I do enjoy your posts but they are so hard to read. Please take the time to put some grammatical effort into them.

#46     Apr 22, 2006
  7. dear proflogic,

thank you and i will try to do better........old man stroke victim is not young and smart like rest of you guys but will try to do better grammatically........have a wonder trading life

#47     Apr 22, 2006
  8. by the way the trend is your friend until you counter trend.........porgie original.........

#48     Apr 22, 2006
  9. smallfil

smallfil

Had this happen to me when I got into an option directional trade (long)----it went down when it should be going up!!! I exited the call option and bought puts against the stock. Option went down (real trend) and I got out in 2 days with a $400.00 profit. That was more than enough to offset the loss of $100.00 on the call option.

#49     Apr 23, 2006
  10. OK, "The Trend is your Best Friend and the CounterTrend is your Best Friend's Friend." ProfLogic original.

#50     Apr 23, 2006