Who got hurt on that spike today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Samson77, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Well I guess that pretty much answers the question then for me. That was a typical Prof response of lashing out. I don't think anyone here was bagging on Dow theory so I don't know how you jumped to that conclusion. Oh yes the handle name of mine is a joke because I actually have a sense of humor and don't have such an enormous head that I need to sleep on a custom pillow to hold such a large massive object.

So back to the subject at hand. I wonder if ECOT will soon be lauching some kind of cascading stop like CME did to instill more confidence in their market as now it seems like someone might be purposely setting these moves off. If I remember right some of the ones on the CME seemed a little suspicious before they insituted the solution for the problem.

#81     Jun 24, 2005
  2. Samson commented on it and my response was to him. No conclusions jumped here. You would know that if you would bother to read the thread and not ramdomly jump in spreading lies.

Only someone like you would think b_tt hole surfing was funny. Must be because it is a weekend pastime for you.

#82     Jun 24, 2005
  3. Spreading lies? I just proposed the question. In my opinion you perfectly answered the question for me with your perfect responses. You are right though I don't have the time to read all the posts here. About explaining the handle I won't waste my time, but obviously you don't get it and would not appreciate the humor in it anyway. Rock on. Sorry I got the thread off topic.

#83     Jun 24, 2005
  4. Samson,

Thanks for the explanation. Your logic behind the trade was what I was looking for. I obviously didn't expect a full dissertation on every step, but just wanted the general thought process which you provided. I appreciate that. Thanks.

#84     Jun 24, 2005
  5. It just depends on the trading style really. I could have easily been caught the other way on such anomalous movement (which didn't turn out to be anomalous after all). I trade both ways all the time. I am well aware of the risk of fading when I do. I do this from minute to minute and decisions are supported by momentary (miniscule) shifts in flow. If you were sitting behind me while I trade, you would know. I might be coming off as clueless on this thread. I'm far from it but always wanting to expand into other areas. :)

#85     Jun 24, 2005
  6. nitro

nitro

I asked this at last years Chicago Expo to one of the head guys in charge of the mini-Dow.

He said they would be looking into it, but I got the feeling the answer was no.

I will ask again this year at the Expo.

nitro

#86     Jun 24, 2005
  7. in my opinion in order to prevent this in the future

the CBOT would need more M.M. 's with deep pockets to provide liquidity ... in YM mini dow

:)

#87     Jun 24, 2005