who gives free strategy runner?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tommyemini, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Richard Kontra

Richard Kontra Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

Brandon SR is not for Free, this is correct, and in addition you are absolutely right when you state that the fees can be adsorbed into the rate. This is the Brokers prerogatived. Basically as a Broker you are looking out for your client and to find the best platform and rate to suit their requirements.

#11     Oct 2, 2006
  2. then why have u got to mislead. if it u have to pay, no matter how, it aint free innit.

#12     Oct 2, 2006
  3. Salesmen stay salesmen ; slick :cool:

#13     Oct 2, 2006
  4. Everyone on here is so damn nit picky. If you don't pay the fixed fee every month then It is technically free.

Now if a trader is too stupid to figure out that there is no "free" lunch and doesn't realize that someone else is absorbing that fee and in exchange for taking that risk is going to profit down the road, then he is too stupid to trade.

He should immediately send me half of his trading capital and put the other half in a CD, then everytime he rolls that over, thank my for putting money in his pocket.

#14     Oct 2, 2006
  5. katesdp

katesdp

So how did this work out for you?

#15     Oct 11, 2006
  6. Thanks for the honesty. Sleezy broker tactics. Brokers should tell us that it cost .50 cent per round trip for futures trades on strategy runner. Or the other option for $50.00 a month. But they don't. They charge $6.00 Round turn per contract for strategy runner usage. Brokers should be more honest, because people eventually wise up and figure out that they are getting ripped off on commissions after they speak to people on these forums and the other people are only paying $4.00 round trip. So if the broker was honest, then the commission price should be only $4.50 round trip with strategy runner. It isn't free, it is .50 cent per contract round trip.

If the brokers keep being dishones, then eventually the customers will go away and sign on with somebody else.

There is an old saying and it goes like this "HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY".

This message is not directed toward the one broker that posted to this thread. I never spoke to him or heard of him. I am talking about MOST futures daytrading brokers. NOT ALL but MOST.

#16     Oct 11, 2006
  7. Can you also get a fixed fee per month for Strategy Runner
    Pro ?

#17     Oct 19, 2006
  8. I actually disagree with the posters on this thread.

There's another way of getting it free. A minimum number of round trips per month can also accomplish this making the broker happy and you happy.

Why brokers never offer the free software is because many times the clients never consistantly make enough trades to eat up the costs. If I did "X+" trades a month using strategy runner, you bet your ass I'd be able to negotiate free software. (X being a reasonably high number)

So before you post, keep an open mind please.

#18     May 6, 2007
  9. Ares

Ares

Strategy Runner is the worst software for scalpers and one of the best (if not the best) for automated trading

#19     May 7, 2007
  10. cody55

cody55

its true what they say about this forum. people are so darn nitpicky. geez. i agree with Richard from global its technically free if its built into your fee. whats the difference. eventually the new trader will know and we all learn when we first start out. i am done reading these rediculous comments. some people just love to start trouble. get a life. Lets all just trade and make money.
    btw i have sr for 3 years now and its fine. and no complaints with global. they treat me good and my platform is fine. and no before you answer i dont work for global. im just a trader that answered this post by mistake cause i know ill get about 100 rediculous replys lol.
    but guess what i really dont care what you post doesnt matter and it dont mean nothing. enjoy your day

#20     May 11, 2007