Who gets all these fess and commissions?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by USMCinfantry, Jun 21, 2005.

1. I`ll ad to Dr Z`s post and say this. I know of at least 5 $2 brokers on the NYSE that have closed up shop this year. And another lonnnngggg time member whose fathers father was a member is closing up his $2. These guys cant make a living on order flow anymore because of the ECN`s. I still don't understand the complaint with fees and commish. Like I said in my other post if paying $1 to trade 100 shares of ABC is to pricey well......

#41     Jun 22, 2005
  2. Good to go. I can admit it when I'm wrong. However I still believe the NYSE structure can be more efficient and that brokers will soon become obsolete.

#42     Jun 22, 2005
  3. you do all right till you bring up the $1 per 100 sh's. that is beyond expensive these days... what are you smoking.... when you trade 100k to 300k a day those $1's add up. on the nyse the automated programs are killing moves.... to avg 1 or 2 cents profit on 100k sh's is decent these days.

#43     Jun 22, 2005
  4. You really think that USMCinfantry is swinging that stick? .01 is fine for anybody thats not daytrading. And if you think I care about bots trading for pennies your wrong. Stocks with less than a 1.5 ATR over three months dont interest me.. the real money is in big swings not scalping. Unless your MKsumny that is....:)

#44     Jun 22, 2005
  5. why pay double whether or not you swing or scalp? i don't know what type of trading USMC does...did he say??? i did notice him extend you an invitation.... LOL LOL LOL.

#45     Jun 22, 2005
  6. Good man.

You're not wrong, I happen to agree with you. You were just being a bit hard headed and condescending.

It's been a long time since I stood on the yellow footprints at MCRDSD on 11 NOV 1983. And when I left in Feb 1984 I was wearing Dress Blues as Guide and Honorman of Platoon 1121. So to have someone presume to speak to me like a recruit, about trading of all things, was a bit too much. (I was specific there in case you still doubt my bona fides...should be very easy for you to verify)

But we're GTG now.

Welcome aboard. If you ever need anything just PM me.

Best,
    Dr, Z

BTW: With ARCA and the NYSE merging you'll probably get your wish about the NYSE being more efficient. It can't be anything but good for all of us.

#46     Jun 22, 2005
  7. Agreed..less paid is more made.

#47     Jun 22, 2005
  8. Semper Fidelis.

#48     Jun 22, 2005