Who exactly is buying?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by will848, May 14, 2013.

1. S2007S

S2007S

To answer the original posters question

This is it.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100735821

This article just post a little while ago and it says the same thing I have been writing about for months.....glad someone else is noticing it just like me.

#31     May 15, 2013
  2. TILT2

TILT2

Because the market is manipulated by the computers and can only go under the designed or pretermined model. Once the trend starts, it won't finish until the trend is completed. That's the only reason of market's going up.
    Who programmed or designed the model? Ask the US government, Barrack Obama, or Ben Bernanke. Because the US stocks can't fall(collapse), if it falls, everything else will fall one after another, that's the crumbling of the financial world. Check the chart in 2011 and compare with the 2008, you will find it should have been collapsed in 2011, but the price action in the week(26.11.2011 - 03.12.2011) has changed the pattern because they have programmed the model to alter the trend.
    I could be banned here, but I have to speak the truth out.

#32     May 15, 2013
  3. hayman

hayman

Boy, I couldn't disagree with you more. The economy is weak, and being heavily manipulated by the FED. This is blatant altering of the laws of supply/demand, and we all know what happens when the forces are manipulated with......things will not end well here. When that is, nobody knows, but my guess is the shit will hit the fan and bubble will burst when some major Economic bankruptcy (or equivalent) occurs. The dominoes will start falling in unison at that point, and the force downward will be unstoppable.

Companies are lean and mean, hiring is minimal, and as long as EPS and PPS are rising, no one complains. Seniors getting screwed with their ZERO percent interest rates? Bernanke couldn't give 2 shits. If either EPS or PPS start falling, the FED will be EXTREMELY concerned, as corporate America and Wall Street will start screaming. Sure, Bubble Ben hoped that this mad-scientist experiment would create jobs, but it is highly unlikely that it has had any sort of appreciable effect in this area. He has hooked the addicts with money printing, and the addicts keep coming back for more. If he was to stop supplying, the addicts would go into severe withdrawal, and you would see a massive crumbling. He is in waste deep, and his only Exit strategy at this point will be to retire come the end of the year (and probably go into hiding), as the next poor idiot will be left holding the bag, and catching the shit for this destructive policy.

#33     May 15, 2013
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Nine Ender is back, we need to call back bicycle boy to get a full picture :)

#34     May 15, 2013
  5. Visaria

Visaria

100-150% increase from the lows in 4-5 years isn't gigantic, it's quite the norm. Just check out a 100 year long term chart of the S&P 500 (or Dow). Look at the major lows and major highs.

Please note, it's fine to bitch and moan and share opinions on forums like this. Let off steam, rant and rave like a madman all you like. Good to let it all out, right?

However, it should in NO WAY affect your decisions regarding investing/trading. The market dynamics are what matters.

#35     May 15, 2013
  6. hayman

hayman

My rants aren't about trading and making money....totally separate issue. Mine are about economics and what the ramifications of these FED actions will mean for all of us and my children. To me, this is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme that is out of control.

#36     May 15, 2013
  7. Visaria

Visaria

You can explain to the kids why they there's no money for their college education by telling them "but i thought it was a Ponzi scheme!".

I'm sure they will understand.

#37     May 15, 2013
  8. hayman

hayman

To the contrary, I will be able to tell them how the entire nation is bankrupt, how we used to be denominated by the Dollar, and that guy serving a double-life sentence used to manage an entity called the FED. Should make for some great bedtime stories for my kids' kids.

#38     May 15, 2013
  9. Ash1972

Ash1972

This is exactly the sort of stupid gloating you hear near all time market tops. People have completely lost the ability to think rationally.

Right now Ben and his printing press etc. is a MEME that has lodged itself into people's brains (just like the new economy etc. in 1999/2000) and is being used to justify their herding instinct. They are piling into the uptrend simply for FEAR OF MISSING OUT on gains. This is a herd with its brains decidedly switched off.

Unfortunately humans' only concept of the future is to extrapolate the recent past. It's easy to see why after 4 years of exceptional gains people think this will go on forever.

If mutual fund managers are 90% bullish - the most optimistic reading on record - doesn't that tell you something?

We are in the midst of a stock market mania against a backdrop of serious economic stagnation. Doctors who reanimate people dying of cancer by pumping them with steroids and adrenalin will now be hailed as geniuses.

#39     May 15, 2013
  10. ammo

ammo

fed gives money to banks,changes rules so they can get the funds,banks take money and manipulate market,earn back losses,pay back fed,then keep manipulating markets,money to be used to restart economy,loans,going into banks manipulating markets,banks won't kill golden goose until new laws are implemented

#40     May 15, 2013