Who exactly is buying?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by will848, May 14, 2013.

1. zdreg

zdreg

that is the reason you are not making money. you don't see the volatility. put skin in the game and the volatility will appear.

#11     May 14, 2013
  2. will848

will848

Strange, I thought I posted this in the economics forum.

I'm just curious, that's all.

I think the market will go into severe withdrawals once the Fed stops pushing.

#12     May 14, 2013
  3. #13     May 14, 2013
  4. mutluit

mutluit

Quote:
    " Corporate profits are rising dramatically again following the economic crash in 2008. Of all of the presidents, Obama has been the best for Wall Street. Average annual profit growth during Obama’s presidency is nearly 80%. Under the next closest president, Harding, there was an average annual growth of less than 20%"
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/whats-wrong-with-the-us-economy-and-how-we-can-fix-it/5330656

Quantitive Easing 3 (QE3) - Fancy name for cash printing operation: $40 Billion / month in 2012

Quantitive Easing 3 (QE3) continues into 2013: $85 Billion / month in 2013

IMO another bubble is building up, financed by govt money printing from thin air for "stimulating the markets", ie. manipulating the markets...

#14     May 14, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO volume at all, none?

Low volume moves can continue for a LONG time.

#15     May 14, 2013
  6. S2007S

S2007S

These numbers are insane

SPX up 1.46% in the last 3 days and already up 15.7% in 2013

The DOW closed at a record high at 15,215 and is the 19th RECORD close for the dow this year up 16.1%

The Russel index is only 15 points away from 1000 and has risen 7 out of the past 9 days and is UP 4.06%%%%% in MAY alone and 16.1% this year

Im telling you if this was all opposite and the markets were down 15%+ on the year you would see lots and lots of intervention by BUBBLE ben bernanke and friends, they would have televised meetings that would talk about everything they can do to turn the markets to the upside.... there are no such thing as down markets in this "free market" any more...If anyone complains about an 18% or 32% sell off after a Gigantic almost 150%+ rally in only 4 years you better act up and not be a little bitch about it!

#16     May 14, 2013
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

There was a record inflow of cash into equity based ETFs and mutual funds in the first quarter ( 7% higher then last year ). All the overdone chat about the fed is bs, that is the real money fueling the bull leg. You need to ignore all the noise from idiots like S2007S, who has a history of posting the same shit on here repetitively no matter what the market does since 2009. His rhetoric is untradeable whether you prefer long or short, it serves no purpose; he's like Chicken Little on a hill screaming nonstop for years.

#17     May 14, 2013
  8. mutluit

mutluit

“Prior to the bursting of the credit bubble, the public was shocked to learn that our biggest investment banks were levered 30-to-1. When asset values fell, those banks were quickly wiped out. But now the Fed is holding many of the same types of assets and is levered 51-to-1! If the value of their portfolio were to fall by just 2%, the Fed itself would be wiped out.”
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...-crisis-will-be-hellish-and-its-on-its-way/2/

So, the govt is forced to manipulate the market, otherwise it must declare bancruptcy....

#18     May 14, 2013
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Why is it that no matter what the market does you are bitching EVERY DAY about markets ? Up or down, it doesn't matter. The only thing that will appease you is another stock market crash. I have news for you, the same news I gave you in 2011. No crash is coming for years, crashes are not that frequent. You will get corrections, and you will at some point ( like now ) see new highs.
    This is not news, its normal markets.

It is stupid when you claim people will complain if the market drops. In late summer 2011 I didn't see anyone complain; those who were smart saw it as an excellent buying opportunity, those who weren't were shorting the hell out of everything and getting owned. Of course, you were STILL too busy complaining to trade.

I guarantee you the US fed wouldn't bat an eye if markets dropped 15%. This is NOT their focus. They are focused on the economy and jobs, still relatively weak but getting better. You are confused about what the market represents. It's companies and their profits/balance sheet, which largely add wealth to those who can afford to participate by owning those companies.

Yes, markets will eventually correct they always do. So here's an idea. Instead of posting absolute shit on here when they do, tell us about what you are buying at that point. Or are you really dreaming of SPX at 700 again ? You are going to be waiting an eternity for that level, it was the buying opportunity of a lifetime.

#19     May 14, 2013
  10. Don't look at me, I'm still short from the Fiscal Cliff .

:p

jk

Currency Wars . Japan et al ....heating up

Someday there will be a big reset where stuff is backed by stuff again.

#20     May 14, 2013