Who exactly is buying?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by will848, May 14, 2013.

1. TILT2

TILT2

Nikkei soars above 15,000 mark to 2007 level

Benchmark Tokyo stocks surged on Monday to their highest level in 5 years and 5 months.

Investors lodged buy orders, particularly in export-related shares, on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

The Nikkei Stock Average finished up 222.69 points from Friday, ending the day at 15,360.81 -- the highest closing mark since December, 2007.

The broader TOPIX index closed at 1,269.51, up 16.27 points.

Market sources say expectations for better corporate performances by exporters remain high, thanks to the lower yen.

They say players are keeping an eye on what US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has to say on Wednesday about the central bank's next moves, as well as developments at the Bank of Japan's 2-day policy board meeting also ending on Wednesday.
    May 20, 2013 - Updated 07:44 UTC

#151     May 20, 2013
  2. we can create as much as we need, the only constraint being inflation

#152     May 20, 2013
  3. I don't pretend to be a good money manager. I just know the difference between a stock a bond and cash.

and you'd be surprised how many don't

like one guy had been contributing to his 401k for ten years at the default, which they called "cash management" which was nothing more than a money market

and he was only 45 years old at the time

the funny thing is, he said, "Everybody is complaining about their 401k, mine is just sitting here."

I put him in stocks at the bottom

now he thinks I am a genious

now getting him to 50/50 stocks bonds is like pulling teeth

he can't understand why I would sell something that always goes up

I like them once they get senile, then they just let me do whatever I want, no questions asked

plus, in most cases I know who their heirs are, and that is who I am really managing it for

I try to set it up so they don't have to make quick decisions based on what the market is doing that day

health care is the real challenge

it's an unknown

once you put them in the old folks home, that is not covered by medicare, so you have to dip into the principal each month

I wish them well, but I also hope they would hurry up and die before it's all gone

it's kind of awkward when you have to tell the kids, "Now, you do realize your parents are spending more money than they are taking in each month, right?"

#153     May 20, 2013
  4. dartmus

dartmus

When u have the time, u should post more often. ET needs traders like u here to help keep us less experienced traders going the right direction.

#154     Feb 28, 2016