Who else thinks a Correction or CRASH may be coming? My top call #2 1/9/2021

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Jan 9, 2021.

1. deaddog

deaddog

#51     Jan 10, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. Not providing investment advice. Just my own thoughts.

We're in a synchronized early cycle regime. There could be a major blowup/scare, but unless the vaccine rollout is severely hampered then I don't see a crash as imminent. Will there be cooldowns and the potential for a correction? Yes. So if you have levered positions kick them FO, IMO.

#52     Jan 10, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  3. treeman

treeman

What's your stop loss criteria? Or is this keep throwing money at your feeling of a top? Where does the pain get to be too painful? And what's your time frame? Imminent? 6 months and you're just building a position? It sounds like you're doing a fair amount of active trading on this position. Why's that? Is it a position, or are you just trading with a bearish bias?

I think this thread has a chance to be educational if you follow through with it until you reach the end of your play (either capitulation or target reached). I'd love to get a read on your learnings afterwards.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    #53     Jan 10, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Yes

3350/3400 touch from 3800

#54     Jan 10, 2021
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I continuously scale in and out daily using 2day high vs lows, both daytrading and swingtrading. I overtraded inverses due to fomo post March following earlier success feb/march.

Current strategy is to swing trade only in one account to build positions slowly to let winners run with looser trailing stops...... and both day and swing trade in another account using tighter stops.

Granted leveraged inverses are risky, but payoff potential is big. The biggest challenge is, when they spike it's brief, a few weeks max, then drop... so how to trail stops for max profits? Best solution I can think of is multiple positions with staggered entries and exits.

Lmk anyone if ideas, eg look at 1year charts of inverses to see what I mean. I profitably traded VXX intraday during the flash crash years ago, I like trying to figure it out.

#55     Jan 10, 2021
  6. maxinger

maxinger

Seems like you study astrology.

21 Sept is when the Sun is right above the Equator.

#56     Jan 10, 2021
  7. Girija

Girija

You will not agree but your idea of inverses and vol products is not optimal. It is extremely rare for vol to spike as it did in March. Holding inverses overnight is a fools errand.

#57     Jan 11, 2021
  8. treeman

treeman

From my perspective, calling tops in a bull market and using relatively fast decaying products to capitalize on that view is difficult sledding. I wish you well.

#58     Jan 11, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

yeah baby

uvxy11janbb.jpg sqqq11jan.jpg

#59     Jan 11, 2021
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

S&P/spy an inside day so not a sell signal until gets < 377

VIX 2dh bearish signal esp if it spy11jannh.jpg vix11jann.jpg stays > 23.4 tomorrow

#60     Jan 11, 2021