Who else thinks a Correction or CRASH may be coming? My top call #2 1/9/2021

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

More subjective than objective. The stock that I bought at an average price of 1.50, I started buying at 4. When it dropped, I stopped buying. It went to $0.85. Then they started to get long term contracts, I aggressively started to buy. But when I think I’m wrong, I’m very good at taking loss and not looking back. I don’t do that just because the stock is going against me, but because the company has changed or not taken the direction I expected. As I said these are very speculative trades with a small portion of my net worth. And, only in my Roth.

#41     Jan 10, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

We don't have a Roth in Canada but it looks a lot like our Tax Free Saving Account. Limited amount you can invest each year, no tax deduction when you contribute, but no tax on withdrawal.

The supposed downside is you can't write off your losses. Ideal trading vehicle as all gains are tax free.

The thing is I don't change investment strategies depending on the type of account I have. When equities fall I go to cash. No fixed income in any of my accounts.

Interesting conversation. I doubt that it will change our investment philosophies. To get back on topic I try not to predict what the market will do. I react to what the market does. The only control I have is over what I do. Risk is being in the market. If it isn't moving in my direction I get out. Once I'm in cash the risk is gone.

#42     Jan 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. deaddog

deaddog

How does this account perform compared to your other accounts?

#43     Jan 10, 2021
  4. I'm not clever enough to anticipate a major drop, but my weekly forecast model pretty much guarantees fresh all time highs next week and a positive net change by week end. Usually, the week high comes late in the week on such a week.

A 1-1.5 % gain takes us to 3855/3875, so I'll be expecting the Week High closer to 3900.

For tomorrow, Monday (currently the future), a smaller gap down open should be a good buy assuming buy signals on the Open.

If we open up too strong, i.e., ATHs on the Open, say 3830, it's quite possibly a good sell back down into last week's range on the day, but still bullish for the week ahead.

That's my forecast for next week.

Note: A strong gap down open or continued resistance below 3819 early in the week should warrant some caution, but that's not my main expectation. :)

#44     Jan 10, 2021
    murray t turtle and KCalhoun like this.
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I do not have any funded individual, joint or LLC accounts right now. I have all three but do not use them. I do not have any use for them right now. Why pay taxes and report end of year trades if I do not have to. My Roth is well funded and I'm 60 years old. I do not trade for a living anymore.

#45     Jan 10, 2021
  6. deaddog

deaddog

You mentioned a couple hedge funds. And of course cash. And I got the impression that the Roth was a small portion of your net worth.

#46     Jan 10, 2021
  7. deaddog

deaddog

Can you explain the difference? What are you selling and to whom?

#47     Jan 10, 2021
  8. SPXS, and or SPXU,maybe sqqq + related.
    Even though a buy Monday is a common pattern[down dip], not in spxs now;
    i got out of upro+ QLD/profits last week ...... .NOT really bearish on those yet/cash can be a better trend+ dividends.
    Amazing how much better SPY did than SPXL, 2020.
    But SPXL + upro went up about 100% each in 2019.
    KC, your Tech Analysis of Stocks & CO magazine cover had a topping pattern in MARCH, 2020;
    + the traders eyebrows were also doing a topping pattern, magazine front cover, in March 2020,also/LOL.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.Good magazine cover hint/got in my mailbox plenty early.

#48     Jan 10, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. SammyJ

SammyJ

It’s nothing short of ghoulish . 4000 souls a day perishing and the mkt going vertical for 8 months basically . The pundits will say the mkt’s looking to the future . Well it sure wasn’t looking forward in May to the disaster now . If the mkt can look out as far as it desires over the valley we’d go up for eternity . Wall Street is always after the fact and is just a hype machine . In the end of you don’t cash your chips in it’s just on paper .

#49     Jan 10, 2021
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Did they ever reverse split SPXS yet? Yeah TASC is great.... biggest lesson learned in inverses is that they often mean revert, so I don't buy minor gaps up premkt unless they trend up past 8:30.... very counterintuitive, took months to learn that.

Futs down a bit now Sunday 9pm we'll see what happens Monday... maybe wall street reads this lol feed the bears :D

When selloff occurs it'll make last March look like kindergarten. I still expect crash of a lifetime, though I've been saying that since last spring.

Itchy trigger finger UVXY SQQQ TZA SDOW the best, also looking at SOXS LABD SPXS FAZ.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    #50     Jan 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.